Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Would monstrous creatures like the Bastiladon qualify for Monster May-hem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Dinosaur carrying dinosaurs shooting snakes (or, Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek) for April

Here is a second one with the phone in focus, in case that is too tricky to make out:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I think this is the biggest thing I have oathed in a while, and I wasn't sure I was going to get it done. But here we are, and I don't think I want to paint any more snakes for a while.

I am claiming Monster Mayhem on account of this being a big monster dude!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm alternative sculpt for Ashlynn D'Elyse, by Privateer Press for Warmachine

She has a flag! It was destined to be!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

This reminded me why I hate painting people so much. Goddamn (human) faces forever, give me helmets and various monsters forever.

Photography also reveals a bunch of problems with my flag shading, but I'm going to be at peace with it.

Now to find something shiny in my Bones shipment...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

hi5 Ashlynn buddy :respek:
Late because I was out of town, but :hfive: I didn't see you oath her, I guess it was an obvious pick for the month. Nice job on yours, the alternate is so much better than her original sculpt.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper Bones... grubdude

I don't think this guy has a model name? I couldn't find one anyway. :shrug: I just love his little dinky hands.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete

I was originally aiming to try and make the whole grub look glistening and shiny, but it turned out to be more than I could manage. So instead I focused on giving him shiny eyes, which is hopefully enough for Time to Shine.

Also my first Bones, and was very easy to work with. Next time I'll be more diligent about mold lines. :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper Bones Sophie for August

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

Another Bones miniature that I had a good time painting. I decided that to try doing some OSL on this, as I had no real plans for the model, so I am claiming that as the challenge. I've never really tried OSL and it was interesting, not sure I'll use it much on regular projects!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one GW 28mm Ork Deathkopta for September

It has been converted to add a chainsaw to the front; I have no idea if that is still a thing in the current game, but by god I had an idea when it was and I'm following through with it anyway!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

I am claiming the chop shop for the conversion work to put a blade on the front of this thing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oh man I've already waste the first week of the month :ohdear:

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper 28mm skeleton monster

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

I only did this one guy because I'm run ragged with halloween costumes for the family, but I got him done:

Claiming the jurnal for him being a skeleton man.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Reaper miniatures graveyard statue for November

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Signal posted:

3rd Place
Ashcans

:woop: Thanks! I haven't worked much with OSL and was pleased with how the time spent on this paid off!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

It gets dark too early for me to take decent pictures when I get home from work. I guess I need to set up a lightbox again. :( I am not sure if its ok to post completion pictures and then better photos later - if not, these will just have to stand:

For the jurnal, the model already had some weathering sculpted in, so I decided to add some foliage growing up around the base, and added the bird taking off from the statue and leaving behind a little gift. :v:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm GW Warhammer Old World Lizardmen Tehenhauin for December

I wanted to check whether the detailed base this guy comes with counts for the monthly challenge/jurnal. Normally the jurnal doesn't require us to do additional modifications beyond meeting the requirements, so I assume its ok?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

:catdrugs: Oath Complete! :catdrugs:

I am claiming the Back to Base-ics for his extra-size and detailed base, including the Grey Seer foolish enough to cross the Prophet of Sotek! In hindsight I maybe should have saved him for February, but oh well. :v:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm GW Ork Deffkopta for January

I normally lean pretty heavily on the challenge to pick stuff, so this month was tough. Decided that I am going to try to push through one of my long-in-progress projects and take some process pictures in the course of it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I had intended to claim the jurnal this month, but I blanked and only took 2 in-progress pictures, so I guess not. :downs: Anyway, here is kopta, converted to carry tons of grenades as a stand-in for bombs (are those still a thing?)

Yes, it is exactly that garish in person, because we believe in total war and your senses will be attacked as ruthlessly. :black101:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Reaper Bones dwarf with keg and tankard for February!

Let me know if you need a second picture with the date/time more in focus - I have one but the model is just a blob so I figured this was better.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Just a single Bones guy, and photographing him revealed a bunch I would like to redo. Oh well!

Claiming the jurnal because even this grumpy looking fellow has someone special in his heart

(it's beer)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Reaper Ranger for March

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

As is usually the case, photography reveals some mistakes, and I need to go back in and redo (or do) this guys eyes; they don't look nearly so washed out in person, somehow. Oh well!

What's the plan for next month? Do we have someone stepping up for a new thread? :ohdear:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

I'll get a new thread started soonish. I'll likely copy all the Jurnals and Achievements over unless someone has any ideas for new ones? I'll try keep on top of stuff better though I'm likely to be getting busier over the next year.

I really thought that this was the last month for some reason, so I was getting nervous! But apparently I'm just very confused. Now to find something with freehand potential.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Reaper Pathfinder Tiefling for April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete

Once again my pictures depress me, but oh well. At least this time my progress on faces has improved slightly. Got to keep working on that; it looks less obviously bad in person.

I am not claiming anything other than the completed month because I ran out of time to do a group photo. :shrug:

• Locked thread