Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I never read the book, but given the opening scene, it was pretty loving obvious that somebody would be present, especially with 'Gods' in the title and the whole commentary on getting his attention to this new world. I wasn't expecting him to show up so soon, but once he made the eye comment it was obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Also Mr Wednesday makes a quick crack about keeping his eyes out for talent "well the one I have at least".

I hadn't read the book and that's what confirmed it for me. He's Mimir, right?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No he's Polyphemus, the cyclops Jason blinds in the Odyssey

I should have gotten that dammit!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That opening and the zoom in on Wednesday's eye during the sacrifice speech... I love this show.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Great opening as usual.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Mr. World owns and Crispin Glover was amazing, I'm not surprised by that because he's great, but man oh man

That entire scene with the Media's entrance, the morphing head, Glover's delivery. Absolutely amazing. Also, Gillian Anderson as Bowie just killed it.

War of the Worlds Sound Cue sold that Bowie scene

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bobulus posted:

Oh, and did I misinterpret that scene, or did Media imply that enough people were fooled by War of the Worlds that they actually Believed and now there's, like, an alien god out in space?

Did you hear the War of the Worlds sound cue as Technical Boy was crossing the lot before Media shows up? It was the hissing chirp of the manta ships from the 1950s' movie.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

GonSmithe posted:

Also saying Fuller released something so it's not a spoiler is not true, Fuller spoils every single one of his shows on Twitter all the time, he doesn't give a gently caress.

And bless him for it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

Thirded, very good, and cinematically gorgeous.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

For real. She should be the only old god that's thriving, she's been in existence for hundreds of years. Arguably since the printing press.

Since Town Cryers or staged performances possibly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

i say swears online posted:

jinn/salim road trip? i'm into it

Absolutely.