Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Book/season 2 finale:
So is anyone else thinking that everything in Lakeside could get wrapped up in a time-skip summary episode to kick off season 3? Most of what happens there could be vignettes, I think.

Though given how S2 meandered, it would be a little out of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I'm looking forward to S3 and want to see who they cast as Hinzelmann.

I hear Jeff Sessions isn't doing anything nowadays.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Season 3 casting stuff
Mr. World is being recast, with Dominique Jackson as Ms. World.

Chad Mulligan will be played by Eric Johnson.

I think I'm finally starting to have my faith in the show waver. :ohdear:

Story here.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hakkesshu posted:

It's actually one of the few cases where it does make sense to change actors, but since they don't do it consistently it's just weird

Reflecting on it, yeah recasting World isn't the worst deviation the could be done. Still the whole way this has been run is weird

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Mierenneuker posted:

You’re a loving rear end in a top hat, Dead Show.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

YggiDee posted:

Does it get worse?

It gets worse!

Bolding mine, because he's the main loving character!

That whole article is one awful thing after another. I'm really glad he's so positive about Gaiman, but basically every other sentence in that whole piece is horrible.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh yeah I remember this part of the book being really boring (albeit a good reveal at the end of this section)

I want to see what they do with Hinzelmann. Julia Sweeny's one scene had her be very personable in a midwestern way, rather than the book's yarn-spinning old timer. Both are likeable but the energy is different to me and I want to see where it goes.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I liked the 17th Century vignette introducing the Thunderbirds for the first time after them being front and center in the opening credits the whole time.

I'm speculating that Cordelia is Technical Boy. She had a bunch of his mannerisms in the conversation in the alley that twigged me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Vorgen posted:

So Technical Boy is not the spirit of innovation, but instead the spirit of flash-in-the-pan lovely pseudo-tech?

I think it still fits.

E: Book spoilers it also shows he has a history of being a mark

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Gonz posted:

Danny Trejo should’ve been on this show since Day One.

:emptyquote:

Book spoilers:
To me, Trejo was clearly on the phone with Wednesday, but I'm wondering how given that we've seen Wednesday needs to use phones so I wonder how that happened with him being in the hospital. Maybe he was talking to Cordelia who is more in the know than Shadow?

I'm not so sure on that since the more people in on the grift, the more who can give the game away.

I've been watching the show with my Dad who hadn't read the book, and last week he finally downloaded the Anniversary edition and is halfway through it now.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Cojawfee posted:

Some interesting stuff finally started happening and it looks like something might actually happen next week.

Joke's on you for hoping.

FR though, things seem to be moving toward a conclusion and I'm happy to see it.

Ninja edit: Danny Trejo can be Mr. World forever as farr as I care.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kung Food posted:

That has to be the strangest possible musical choice for a big gay pan orgy.

I really liked bits of this episode a lot. Particularly Salim getting closure and accepting himself, and Laura at the end being Peak Laura as mentioned.

I wonder if the preview implies they're gonna be able to wrap it all up?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I liked the resolution of Hinzelmann's arc. In the book it felt a little weird to have it set after the climax.

I wish that they had gone a little further into Hinzelmann being a God before she was a Kobold and the whole deal with the sacrifice vision Shadow had when he grabbed the knife. The passage from the book about that was haunting.

I'm curious if Shadow managed to hang on to the coin, and if it has protective magic like the gold and silver ones he had from Sweeny and Zorya Polunochnaya. That seems a theme with the show.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Artelier posted:

Just to add to book spoilers : Shadow figures out the con that Odin was pulling because throughout the book Odin was imparting his wisdom, teaching Shadow a lot of stuff that included his own examples of cons. And when everyone was busy with the war and Odin + Loki were ripe to level up, Shadow was like "I figured out the con. All your real con examples were two men cons, which when spread thinly over a 1000 page epic was like "Yeah, they had the seeds there the whole time. Just a neat moment that I distinctly remember even though I read the book like 10+ years ago.

588 pages, according to my copy. I love, however, that Gaiman name-drops Loki Lie-Smith as Shadow's cellmate Low-Key Lyesmith on page two of the text. When that all came together for me was such a great moment.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

My big issue with Anna Torv in Fringe had most to do with wardrobe. To me, the huge wool overcoats her character wore all the time made her head look absolutely tiny. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

That may be tricky WRT Orlando Jones. In the Facebook comments on this announcement, Gaiman pointed out that the Jones' depiction of the character Anansi is owned by Starz which fuckin sucks IMO.
It's very much like Quicksilver in the MCU vs. X-Men universe before Disney bought X-Men from Fox.