Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I've never read one word of Neil Gaiman and haven't liked anything I've seen in movies/TV related to him. HOWEVER, this looks really cool and I can't wait to watch it without knowing a drat thing about it or the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

What media have you even seen related to him? I mean I'm not really aware of that many adaptations and I thought Gaiman was typically pretty stingy with his work

Beowulf and Stardust were both incredibly lovely

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This is a good thread about stuff that happens in the book American Gods

I like the show though, is there a thread for talking about the 70 minutes that aired on Starz with pictures and audio somewhere though?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This has already been renewed for Season 2.

e;f;b

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

The third episode is available on demand through cable boxes and on starz' website and app and such right now.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I can't get it to play on the Starz website, it gives an error. Through my cable box, the episode doesn't show up in HD, but it DOES show up in SD, but I'm not going to watch it in 480 pixels like it's loving 2003. Although I might have to wait and watch it on DVR tomorrow night like it's 2014.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Yay, it started working. Good episode. This is going slow as poo poo, but I really don't mind. I'm fully ready for episode 8 to end right before the first god touches another god and somebody explains one word about what the gently caress has happened at all.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, i just figured out we are talking about an actual book, and not a comic.

We're actually talking about a TV show that has aired four episodes. There is another forum about books and ANOTHER one about comics though on this very website.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Good news for the thread about the American Gods TV show - the 5th episode is live on my cable on demand. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's also on Starz Play and all other cable providers.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Counting down to her guest spot on the new Star Trek... :neckbeard:

Fuller was one of the first to abandon that sinking ship.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

CaveGrinch posted:

Fuller already posted storyboards with that name. So now you can't even spoiler stuff in this thread that Fuller publicly posts about? I don't even remember that character from the book. Jesus Christ.

they didn't say "Mr. Wood from the storyboards that Fuller posted for the show that Starz produces and airs on television, here's a link!", they said "Mr Wood from the books"

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I quite enjoyed episode 6.
Ian McShane gets a huge gently caress off sword, and we get the road trip of our dreams.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

A Prayer for Mad Sweeney was great.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Oasx posted:

Given that the season finale is next week, I am a little worried. 8 episodes should mean a focused show, not one where the episodes just consist of more and more filler.
I like the episode and if we had 20+ episodes to look forward to then there wouldn't be an issue, but it just wasn't necessary for the story in any way.

In the immortal words of sum 41, this season has been all killer and no filler for me.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Thanks for agreeing with me but I would really rather not know who is in the book or what they do or do not do in said book. There is another thread explicitly for comparing this tv show to the book.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Mr. World's dying words were "I acquit this war"

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

That's fine.

This is how art has always been.

There are people who think classical music, like Chaikovsky, Dvorak, Mozart, etc are horribly boring. That's just how it is.

wooooooooooooooooooosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Bryan Fuller was fired from a show I didn’t know existed by a network I didn’t know was starting while I was catching up on this thread