Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the maps in this game are allegedly really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

it makes me wonder if it was just like one guy who somebody forgot to tell to stop making FE games and he emerged in 1999 like Hey guys ah made a SNES game

they were making a FE 64 game but it kept getting delayed while the team did other N64 poo poo so the main FE guy made Thracia in the meantime, then he quit and made a really blatant FE clone for PSX that got him sued

the first GBA game (The Binding Blade, FE6) is loosely based on the cancelled N64 game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the PSX game?

it's called Tear Ring Saga, there's a fan translation somewhere. he also made a sequel called Berwick Saga that's not as blatant a ripoff

before Nintendo sued it was called Emblem Saga and all the characters, classes, place names etc were near-identical to classic FE poo poo and he did interviews saying it was literally the same universe, even the revised version that made it to market is pretty shameless

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PleasingFungus posted:

Yeah, I guess I just meant it was similar to Awakening/etc in terms of the grinding and anime shipping and so on. Agreed its gameplay does sound pretty unique.

Valentia has supports and base conversatons but there's no marriage/breeding or pair up or any of that poo poo and it seems like most of the romantic relationships are predetermined

• Locked thread