Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

fiber posted:

Path of Radiance for Gamecube is also really good and leads into Radiant Dawn for Wii which has a very legit difficulty. Awakening couldn't hold my attention at all, the grinding+ shipping tropes were a turnoff. i haven't tried fates but i'm kind of interested in the weirdness of this new one

i never finished fates but it's better for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

oh drat a less lovely translation patch came out for tear ring saga in december

Dec 26, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

where is thracia 776 on your tier list

thracia owns in a lot of ways but has some real dumb poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

that th one where staves can miss? thats some real bullshit

yeah there's a miss chance based on skill i think? it's actually good in some weird cases because it doesn't use the staff but still raises weapon rank based on staff level. also sometimes you double-use staves which is super annoying

status staves always work if the user's magic is better than the target and the status lasts all map so if you get hit by sleep you can pretty much get hosed unless you brought a restore

also hit is limited to 1 - 99% but the rng is totally hosed up so you can get hit like 4 times in a row at 1%

oh and horse guys have to dismount inside which means they have to use swords so you don't have any lance users on castle maps, it's loving stupid

Dec 26, 2012

also stats cap at 20 post-promotion too so everyone who doesn't completely suck poo poo ends up with maxed out speed and will still get hit by things because max 60 evade is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

never played it, sorry :(

you might have known this, but in most FE games, the displayed accuracy % is a lie. the game actually rolls twice and takes the average of the rolls when calculating hit chance, which means that an 80% hit chance is actually a (1 - 0.2^2 = ) 96% hit chance, and a 1% hit chance is actually a 0.01% hit chance. this is because human intuition is really bad about probability.

anyway, sounds like this game doesn't do that? what a weird thing to take out

they started doing that right after thracia lol

• Locked thread