Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
If you're going to be a Decker then you've got the Intelligence to make Drones your thing. You could be human but that's boring, so might as well be an elf lady. And if she's going big on computers and drones while operating out of Seattle then you might as well call her Amazon.

LightWarden fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Losing essence to cyberware also increases the turn cooldown on your spells as well, so you have fewer slots and more downtime between them. There is also no way to regain essence- if you replaced a piece of cyberware with something that has a lower essence cost you don't get a refund on the missing essence (though it does serve as a "bank" of sorts, so if you had 4 essence and replaced your 2 essence cyberleg with a 1 essence cyberleg then you'd still have 4 essence, but you could also put in a 1 essence cyberarm without decreasing your essence further). Things get a little more interesting for some casters in Hong Kong, but normally any magic user will avoid cyberware like the plague.

As others have mentioned the healing rules in this game can be punishing and occasionally confusing- I think I made it halfway into Dragonfall before figuring out most of the mechanics.

Hong Kong's grenade counter is hilarious for several reasons, though I don't think I ever had it used against me mostly because I was a total miser when it came to consumables and went melee heavy with an emphasis on AP damage.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Yeah, there are several ranks of drones (C, B, A, S-rank), both combat and support (though it only goes up to A-rank), so multiple names can be used. We could save Prime for a later rank.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
I'd suggest maybe playing it yourself first since this LP just started DMS and there's no established timetable. Plus if you already have it you might as well play it and see what choices you make so you can compare it to others.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,

OAquinas posted:

Hey, he had character. And he was a damned good support guy--haste the blender Glory, toss up a damage wall to protect the rest of the crew, toss -AP balls all day.

It took me way too long to figure out that I could loan weapons and spells to my allies. It especially fixes any problems you might have with your casting buddies since they don't always upgrade to the best spells they could use with their given skills. So buying a better heal spell and maybe some form of armor shredding is great.

• Locked thread