Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Kanfy posted:

I did predict that the character would end up being female and a drone-user, but I was actually a little surprised about the popularity of elves since everyone always seems to complain that they're the worst. I was about 70% sure we'd end up with a troll after I mentioned how they make for the worst Decker.

I guess when you have a setting where pretty much everybody is a dick, you might as well be a decent-looking one.

Troll decker with a minigun is compleatly viable build at least in future expansions. Though i had to install cyberware up my rear end to do it as well just to get the STR reqs for the minigun. Cant remember if this one even had a minigun though. The 6 limit in decking isnt a big deal since decking isnt hard to require the 7 decking rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Decker + mage or shaman only works well in hong kong pretty much. DMS and dragonfall have no ways to get around the essence loss from the datajack.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
hes the main character from the snes shadowrun game apparently.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
also i cant belive this isnt in the op for people who need to understand what shadowrun is about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
My understanding is mages cant go outside to space in astral form because no manasphere without earth. If they go with their bodies nothing happens besides they dont have mana to use in space.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The real reason to take quickness over str when you want the 3rd weapon slot is quickness increases dodge while str raises nothing useful besides damage. Which leads to me to wonder why ever even do a melee build when its so point hungry for so littler return. Like later games actually make melee a bit more useful mechanically but thats for those times. Right now im pretty sure str is pure garbage.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

This is crazy. I never noticed anything like this when I played, which was a while ago. Could it be a bug introduced since then by a patch?

When the game was launched it was pretty bug free but i heard they left it pretty buggy for some reason with later patches. Thankfully they mostly patched the bugs in dragonfall and hong kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Shoeless posted:

So what's the deal with Lucky Strike? I tried using her once after I saw her actually existing in the overworld at the bar in the hub area of Dragonfall and her having a minor conversation, but then she never had anything to say after that. I assume she's a high-level backer reward or something?

One of the companions in Hong Kong was with her in a squad before going to hong kong. Basically shes there to be a refrence to Hong Kong.

• Locked thread