Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
This LP got me to pick this back up. I finished Dragonfall and Hong Kong, but never did get all the way through this one. Playing along with the LP, though I'm quite a ways away from the start now. Interested to see where you put your Kharma, I ended up rolling with rigging and rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Most of our Karma's inevitably going to go to decking and drone stuff, though I'll probably skip ESP Control since it's not really needed. Maybe we'll dabble in some minor magic stuff at some point.

I did not skip ESP Control, and given that this is the first time I'm using it, I have to say that it makes the Matrix stuff a lot easier. On the other hand I really feel like my rifle isn't doing much work and I should have dumped the points from it (and ranged combat, and quickness) into charisma and magic, maybe.

I'm not going to test this, because I don't really want to replay what I've played up to all over again.

I also keep forgetting to get a better drone than the starting one, though to be fair it takes *a while* before one is available.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

wedgekree posted:

My thing was that ESP's were one off and -expensive-, so having to both put points into it and buy them as disposables was always painful for me so I never bothered with it.

Here's the thing: it lists them as a consumable, but you only buy them once. I was surprised too.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Kanthulhu posted:

GBS 3.0 for drone name

Counter Offer: FYAD

Let's talk about the most important rule in Shadowrunning:

GEEK THE MAGE FIRST

Why do we geek the mage first? Because a dead mage doesn't fireball the party. He doesn't summon spirits. He doesn't cast Haste on his friends. He doesn't make deals with dragons.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Fart collector.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Well gently caress you too, Dresden.

I know it's not cannon anymore, but that was a good story! Very Shadowrun.

Kanfy posted:

Something's odd about this one elf, you can tell from the speech bubble above his head.

Who's asking?

[The elf giggles - a strange, high-pitched warble you would not expect to emerge from his misshapen face.]

Hmm, I can't quite place my finger on what exactly it is, but there's something subtly villainous about this guy.

Oh, I'm no one of consequence. Never mind that though. A good evening to you and your friend the coroner.

Oh okay, my mistake. The inconsequential elf runs off, surely never to be seen again.

We go back to Dresden one more time to see what he has to say about our new acquaintances.

By the way, did you notice a particularly ugly elf standing over there in the crowd earlier?

Huh? Where? [Dresden scans the spectators surrounding the crime scene.]

He's gone now... but he was asking about the body. Wondering which Organ Grinders facility it will be taken to.

Interesting. Well... there's some who might be interested in purchasing some of her parts, sure, but that's pretty poor form to inquire at the site of a murder. An ugly elf, eh? I'll keep an eye out. Shouldn't be hard to spot if he comes back around.

Y'know, I appreciate that the game actually allows you to mention the hilariously suspicious guy to someone and they even listen to you to boot.

Thanks again, Dresden.

Anytime.

gently caress.
You.
Dresden.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Stealth Rigger or The Mechanic, I guess, if we're going by game mechanics for choices.

Preferably Stealth Rigger because 2 extra points of armor isn't worth looking like we're running around with our jumpsuit unzipped and our goods about to fall out. I know that's not actually what's going on there but WTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Thirded. Even just a single run-through, playing to the personality of whatever character we choose, is good enough for those games. Wanna see more? Play it yourself, it's worth it.

• Locked thread