Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Hong Kong is pretty stingy with the money, if you want a fully-cybered character, you won't be able to afford some of the top-tier weapons until pretty drat late in the game.

I first found Shadowrun in it's 2nd edition, and have followed it since, however I've never gotten a chance to actually play the tabletop. Both times I actually got into an online game with the roll20 site, the campaigns crashed before they even started, once on the same day it was scheduled to start, GM never even explained why.

I've played through HK and DF, haven't actually tried SR yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing you go through this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

It wouldn't be Shadowrun if there weren't actively-detrimental rules minutia.

A lot of the early rules were easily abused. Remember the rules for DMSO? Here's a funny story about what happens when some inventive players discover it's joys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPM7I49fj8

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

One thing I miss from previous editions were cyberdeck construction and modification rules. It got really interesting when cranial cyberdecks were introduced, but 4th and 5th just boiled everything down to "Have a commlink? Good to go!" I liked the rules for messing around the guts of your cyberdeck to squeeze just a little more performance out of it. One of the splatbooks had rules for designing and coding your own software, complete with software design suites to help build your perfect program.

The 4th and 5th edition rules do the job, but you just dont get the feel of being the guy who custom built everything.

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 28, 2017

• Locked thread