Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

TheMcD posted:

- She is female.
- She is an Elf.
- She fights with Drones (everything else is just so inefficient with regards to Karma use).
- Her street name, because I am creatively bankrupt and take inspiration from the closest thing possible at the time of character creation, is Dragon Lady. Always cut a deal with Dragon Lady!

I wanted an Adept because I've always fone Decker or Mage, but this will work because Drones are fun.

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, I know your type, you lazy bum. :colbert:
No Adept, no effort. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

At this point of the game I thought I had the motive of the Ripper down pat.

I was pretty wrong.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition is 75% off on Steam.

There is also a bundle with all the games, but I'm not sure about the pricing because I have most of the stuff already.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

The Vatican is also surprisingly okay; they're one of the ridiculously big names in the magical world, because 1. between all the poo poo they've looted and all the poo poo they've collected by more legitimate means over the years, they're sitting on a hoard of magical artifacts that makes dragons envious 2. they got a head start into researching magical theory courtesy of discovering holy poo poo, some of these rituals actually invoke things. Mostly the exorcism ones. You want someone to chitchat with spirits, you should probably look elsewhere, you want someone to chuck thunderbolts at your enemies, any megacorporate wage-mage will do you, but when you absolutely have to shut some magical bullshit down, you send in the Order of Saint Sylvester, packing bell, book, and candle.

That's cool. I know basically nothing of Shadowrun besides what's shown on the games and assumed that with all the magical bullshit organised religions had mostly disappeared.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I like the story, but is it really necessary to mention every piece of equipment by its maker and model? It's grating.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

mauman posted:

I've played a cyberzombie before for instance. Same group also had a blood mage - who was my handler (read - master) for my work (read - slavery).
At this point, it seems to me that the "punk" part of cyberpunk is gone. It's difficult to sell out any harder.

Don't get me wrong, the group can do whatever they agree on, but I understand the rules forbidding it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Blademaster_Aio posted:

And what is the point of not letting family members talk to each other?
Probably so they can't convince the members to leave the Broterhood. Or to give them their money earthly possessions.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ugh, I understand it's difficult to create outfits that are visually distinctive and appropriate to the setting, but most of the stuff that isn't outright "Matrix" is pretty bad.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

And then there's the top hat and tourist stuff.

That's why I said "most". :colbert:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Wasn't expecting a Beatles reference, but it works.

Anyway, this WTF moment conspired with a bug that caused combad to never end (so I had to slowly move party members one by one) slightly afterwards to kill any interest to finish the game. Let's see how this ends.

EDIT: Also, the way to deal with the bugs (the enemies, not the software) is dumb. :colbert:

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 30, 2017

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kanfy posted:

If you could edit out your edit then that'd be cool, let's try to avoid major story stuff even behind spoiler tags.

Done, sorry. Opinion still stands. :v:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That's not unique to Shadowrun, though. Even if Elves are isolationists posh assholes that wouldn't dream of mixing with the common folk, magic is feared and pursued and humans make up 90% of the population in your fantasy world, the standard adventuring party is going to have a dwarf, an elf, a mage, a comic relief joke race thief and a half dragon/quarter ogre/quarter noble savage prestige class.

They all met in a tavern.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Ah, but here's a wrinkle, because there always is one. The mage might've been an idiot but he wasn't a liar as a trio of basilisks named "Subject 1", "Subject 2" and "Subject 5" make their entrance.

I like this touch.

Also, I din't remember cyberware actually showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So the wuxing adept is basically Goku?

• Locked thread