Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Poil posted:

More like 10/10.

I'd like to see the face of my GM if someone told him that's his runner's name and demanded it be said in full every time. Of course if he was serious I'd bludgeon him to death with the rulebook. :allears:

No need, just throw him into situations where someone needs to communicate some vital information to him quickly.

"Hey Shibba-dibba-ding-dong-bam-boom-bam-boom-groop-broop-bon-bada-bon-bada-bon-shalalalalalala-beep-beep, watch out for that grena—oh. Oh dear. Too late. Hey Eddie, could you help me wipe these fragments of Shibba-dibba-ding-dong-bam-boom-bam-boom-groop-broop-bon-bada-bon-bada-bon-shalalalalalala-beep-beep off my armor?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
I wonder how she keeps that place secret if at least half-a-dozen people have to go in and out every day. (I'm assuming they don't live down there, and have homes to go to when they're not working). Of course, in most* computer RPGs a shopkeeper NPC is usually just a glorified vending machine with extra dialogue and sometimes a quest or two, but if this were a tabletop session I'd be wondering about the second (or third?) secret entrance to this place, the one the shopkeepers use when they go home or come to work.

* Except Skyrim, where every single shopkeeper has a home (or at least a place to sleep) and when they're done with their business hours, they close up shop and go home, or sometimes to the tavern for a bite to eat and a drink before they go home. Makes the world feel more realistic and lived-in, but it's also more inconvenient for the player if fast travel landed them in town right at 6:01 PM and the shopkeeper won't do business with them until fourteen in-game hours later. Which is, of course, why most computer RPGs go for the "shopkeepers are always around day or night and don't have lives outside the shop" approach.

Edit: Oh dear, I just noticed this:

Fry's Electronics, huh?

Tax Refund fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 19, 2017

• Locked thread