Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
To be fair, he's just a kid trying to impress a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Kanfy posted:

So here's the bad news: the Aegis launcher is indeed a shotgun which we're bad at using. But wait - here's the good news: it doesn't actually count as a shotgun in the game despite being classified as one, meaning the Shotgun skill doesn't affect it. In fact, I don't believe the Aegis launcher takes any of your skills or stats into account in any way. In other words, whether you're the greatest shotgun-wielder the world has ever seen (not us) or someone who'd have better luck using one as a bludgeon (totally us*), your effectiveness at swatting spirit bugs with this thing is on the exact same level. It doesn't really make any sense, but from a gameplay perspective it's a very good thing as it avoids screwing over non-gunners like pure mages.

By pure coincidence, the first time I played DMS was with a shotgun spec'ed sam. I thought for sure that would turn me into a Aegis-wielding monster. Okay, maybe not, but the last level was still a lot of fun.

Also, Kanfy, if you felt moved to do the next two games, I'd happily be along for the ride. This has been a great LP, and I'd love to see Dragonfall get the completed LP it deserves.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

painedforever posted:

Or elves, to be honest. Video games and loving elves. Not loving elves, I must point out.

Speaking of which, Sam was James Telestrian's half-brother, but he was human and Telestrian is the elfiest elf to ever elf. Folks who know more about Shadowrun lore than me: how does this stuff work in SR?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

mauman posted:

There's no such thing as "half-breeds". Kids from mixed (human/other) relations tend to pop out as human, though (in this case, elf) the other race can pop out relatively frequently as well. Also, any pairing can produce a human, though it'll be rarer for pairs like dwarf/troll or elf/elf.

Plus even if the baby pops out human, there's no guarantee it'll STAY human. If a kid DOES goblinize, it'll happen around puberty.

Occasionally (like really really rarely), you get something completely different, like a dwarf from a elf/human pairing. Metagenes are strange like that.

Also humans turning into Dwarves/elves is also extremely rare (like, I'm not sure it can still happen rare). Though like I said, post birth goblinization is still a thing (though not as common).

Thank you! I had a feeling that was how it worked, but since my knowledge of Shadowrun consists of the Genesis game and the HBS games, it seemed wise to ask.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Kanfy posted:

"But hold on now" I can hear you say. "I bet that's not it, and now Lynne's going to transform into the Queen which ends up being the real final boss, right?" Hey good thinking ace, that is how it looks like isn't it?

But no, that's it. We're done. Those two turns were the final boss fight in its entirety, no second forms or additional phases or any of that. Lynne? Never gonna see her again.

The final boss fight is DEFINITELY something the other two games did better. You certainly can't say that HBS didn't learn as they went.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Not gonna lie... when I got to that part, I laughed- really long and really hard. Because of course, of course this would be the end of it, and yet. Sam, you bastard... but I get the joke.

I loved that final swerve. Sam, you absurd drunken gently caress-up.

quote:

Said that last thing too. And asked for money, because damned if I was gonna go through all that and just have a feeling of accomplishment.

My first playthrough, I went with "He said thank you." Because, in his own deeply Sam way, he did.

Kanfy posted:

What do you think, Soviet captain Georgi Kukov from the 1996 video game Command & Conquer: Red Alert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGLjSMpzS-Q&t=50s

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Slaan posted:

Preemptive vote for Shaman of Death Metal to always be on team. Tia

Ahem, Dietrich is Punk as gently caress, and don't you forget it.

(but seconding this)

• Locked thread