Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Danaru posted:

One of my favourite things about Jake's appearance is that he kept the glasses :haw: Also I'm pretty sure he's the only Decker/Shaman class character in the game(s) because that makes no drat sense if you're anyone who isn't Jake Armitage

Jake is awesome, though, because his game was real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I appreciate that the murderin' was properly prefaced with a good one liner.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Someday I wanna see some middle eastern cyberpunk.

I mean Dubai is basically already an insane cyberpunk dystopia already.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ze Pollack posted:

I have only ever read one thing along those lines, and it was set in Africa. The Eye, the Ear, and the Arm is so Shadowrun it hurts. It is also so young adult literature it hurts, but in my defense I was thirteen at the time.

Hey, I read that back in the day.

I've kinda gotten to like Shadowrun's setting from the games and stories I've heard, but good god is that a rules set I won't touch with a ten foot pole as a DM.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

mauman posted:

I might be given an evil eye here, but as I agree that Shadowrun rules tend to be a bit over complicated I tried something to make it simpler on a new group that I GM'ed

With a little bit of tweaking, D20 Modern does a fine job of simulating Shadowrun since D20 Modern has a slew of optional rules to implement mystical elements (basically porting D&D magic/psionics).

It worked very well. Almost too well annoyingly enough. Next time I played normal Shadowrun I almost thought I would have preferred the other system.

I'm just going to say I believe you, but also that 'This game works better in d20 Modern' is the most damning indictment of a game system I've ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hypocrisy posted:

It's just like modern life except one day an oddly dressed person comes up to you and tells you they're part of a security audit so you should totally help them by charging past security into the executive's elevator and you think this is kind of weird but they sound really official so you charge in since you can't get in trouble for following the audit procedure...

That'd be a fun origin for a PC. Someone who got roped into helping some Runners and did well enough that they stayed on afterwards.

Ex-Salaryman adrenaline junky!

• Locked thread