Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

LightWarden posted:

If you're going to be a Decker then you've got the Intelligence to make Drones your thing. You could be human but that's boring, so might as well be an elf lady. And if she's going big on computers and drones while operating out of Seattle then you might as well call her Amazon.
This is awesomely perfect.

Kanfy posted:

I was a little surprised to see nobody had done an LP of any of these games myself. I've always thought they'd fit this format really well and one'd probably be interesting to follow even if you didn't know anything about Shadowrun, assuming the terms and such got explained. But that's not a promise that this one won't end up as a complete trainwreck. :v:
The nice thing about the Shadowrun Returns series is that the games are quite good at telling you enough to get by. It's a bit more fun if you do know some of the Shadowrun world history and the like, but you legitimately don't need to know jack poo poo about the world to enjoy the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Most of our Karma's inevitably going to go to decking and drone stuff, though I'll probably skip ESP Control since it's not really needed. Maybe we'll dabble in some minor magic stuff at some point.
This is actually why I like *not* playing a Decker as the PC. It just burns so much Karma that you're actually kinda underpowered in combat. So it's nice to just pass those duties off to an NPC and have my guy focused on leaving a trail of dead enemies. Decking may or may not be relevant to every mission, but kicking rear end is always useful.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It wouldn't be Shadowrun if there weren't actively-detrimental rules minutia.
Serious question from someone who's never played the tabletop: If the rules are as hosed as everyone is saying, how do people play? Do you just SWAG a bunch of stuff or is there some commonly accepted set of homebrew house rules that fix stuff?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Snorb posted:

Interesting thing about the fight with the Renraku goons on the docks: It's impossible to lose the fight. Neither you nor Sam can be reduced to 0 HP, and once you both hit 1 HP, everyone starts missing you when they attack.

Sangoma isn't so lucky, though.
In case you're wondering this isn't true in Hong Kong. How do I know? Because ah poo poo, I just wiped in the very first battle. The shadows are rough, y'all. :sigh:

The game even flips you the bird with a Steam achievement.

• Locked thread