Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Ah. Dick GMs. The worst kind.

the only kind :[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Seems to be the best kind of bug, the one that turns you into Superman

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

the only time I ever plyed actual shadowrun it was a Play by Post and we had a guy who [I think] Lived in a dilapidated Disney store, so when we went on a run we had this crazy motherfucker with us, wearing a goofy head with a lead pipe and a hardon and screming "IT'S GOOFY TIME" Like that one meme.

[Edit: Had to describe picture because TIMG wasn't working]

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 18, 2017

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ze Pollack posted:

The kid who's throwing around magic powers she says Bart Simpson gave her, once her story comes to the attention of a legit shamanic circle, will be met by "yup, this is Coyote up to his usual bullshit. someone with magesight make a circuit of the local gambling dens, you should find a Coyote shaman hustling, they'll be able to teach the kid how to handle this nonsense." And after a couple months of tutelage, the kid will know that Bart was just the face Coyote wore to make her feel more comfortable.

I once read that magic in the awakened world is defined by belief. It doesn't matter WHAt you believe in, as long as you DO believe in it, and gave an exaple of someone throwing fireballs in the name of mickey mouse.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Can ghouls eat their manburgers cooked?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Do they have an "all crimes are equal" Judge dredd schtick or do they reserve that for bad poo poo?
Like, could you get BBQ'd for piracy?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 2, 2017

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Woah there's apparently a shadowrun manga that came out in ninety-six!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I love Shadowrun :allears:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

What I've noticed is that punching up doesn't workk, the Vice-manager of presidential vice-sales you punched is just gonna fire his whole team and start over, and thus instead of punching up one, you've punched sideways 100 times.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

[DERAIL TALK]Y'know, while we are talking about Psychopaths, I got a random question about Star Wars.
Wouldn't a Well Socialized Psychopath be considered the Perfect Jedi? Incapable of that Dark-side leading emotion, but socialized enough to know how to act?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Really? My own Street Sam tends to run with Sniper/Shotgun.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Well, I mean, the loading screen is 100% explicit.

The game has made a statement that Sam sold her organs postmortem for money. It doesn't state this in Melinda's voice, so our default assumption probably ought to be that this interpretation is canonical.

That loading screen is made from the PoV of Amazon, not an all-knowing narrator, and she was just told by someone else that THAT was what Sam did, despite there being no other evidence for that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

RedMagus posted:

Yea, told by someone who also is unhinged enough that they'd hire Dr. Creepy Mimic to reclaim organs. so I'd probably take that claim with quite a bit of salt, which is why I was curious if there was other evidence backing that up.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Poil posted:

Never ever join or trust a group calling themselves something with the word brotherhood in the name. It won't end well.

What about the Bortherhood of Steel?

Wait, they became Fascists. poo poo.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Oh I played 1 and 2 before 3 (Had to, my computer was too poo poo to actually run 3), but I still remember John Maxson as the Cool Old Guy.

My problem is that, yeah, In 1 and 2 they were selfish assholes. But in Fallout 4 they went into Overdrive. (And I actually really liked Lyon's Brotherhood)

You know, I've been thinking of this for some time and, taking in account their behaviour in newer games, the war against the NCR, their attempted takeover of the Commonwealth...
Could it be that the original Vault Dweller killed Paladin Rhombus? I mean, neither of the endings really fit, as the good Bortherhood ending says they "Would stay out of the power structure, becoming a major research and development house", while the bad ending says they "Became a Steel Plague, devastating the New California Republic and creating a thousand years of darkness".

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

quote:

Look at all this peace and love and respect for your fellow meta-human being.

It's sickening.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

mauman posted:

Honestly, trying to find morality in ones' actions when you spend time stealing, kidnapping, and murdering dozens of guys who are just there as security (and getting a paycheck) rings stupidly hollow in these games.

Pft, no, I can't be like that. My brain isn't wired like that. I just have a real hard time being evil in games. Like, if my character is evil and I get no choices regarding that (Like, say, Legacy of Kain), I can deal. But if I'm given the option? I always hit light side. With the notable exception of punching assholes.

I mean it, I have played PNP RPGs where I go out of my way to reign in the evil players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I thought Tofu was vegan cheese?

Edit:Also, why is meat so hard to get in the Sixth World? Did cattle become sentient and declare independance or something?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 18, 2017

• Locked thread