Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I usually go with the handles from the movie Hackers as my Decker Shadowrun handle. ZeroCool, AcidBurn etc...

Either that or LongshoremanX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
That psycho in Hong Kong whose name I've forgotten is great, he seems so warm and pleasant up until he shares his secret with you, after that his friendliness just becomes really unsettling.

Zeniel fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 16, 2017

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

RedMagus posted:

The major failing/disappointment for me, at least at the time, was how the modding tools were there, but the scene for it never took off due to issues with setting up new adventures. I was really hoping die-hard fans would re-create the old published runs.

I'm still hoping someone tries to make Renraku Arcology: Shutdown.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah I have absolutely no idea what the developers were thinking with this last mission. I'm pretty sure I finished it before the patch that made Harlequin tolerable and he was utterly useless. It was made worse by the fact that you needed him alive if you weren't charismatic enough to get the agent with extra AEGIS launcher. So if Harlequin died, which he almost certainly would, then you were stuck in a perpetual combat situation you had no hope of ever winning.

It makes the whole final area incredibly stressful and not in a fun way. The only way you could really stand any chance of surviving the final area was to preempt the whole thing, which sucks. That and rendering deckers totally obsolete by this point, TT really dropped the ball big time. There's no way this area got any proper play testing.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Kanfy posted:

I wasn't aware that there was any requirement for being able to hire the Ghost. Was that also a later change?

I'm not 100% on what the requirements were but if you chose your dialogue options poorly you certainly wouldn't end up with the Ghost helping you out, which is pretty lovely because it was essentially a game ender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

OAquinas posted:

Nah. You CAN finish the game with just two Aegis launchers. It's just a damned grind.

Perhaps you can now, but back when Harlequin was dead weight it pushed the limits of possibility pretty drat hard.

• Locked thread