Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Glad to see this finally getting and lp! Dragonfall was one of my favorite games and the mobile port is probably my favorite thing to play on my iPad.

Just so you know all know, though, Riggers are interesting but they're kind of easy mode. Between your two drones you end up with a ridiculous amount of actions per turn. Decker/riggers are also good because you can make a combat monster that also takes care of all your decking needs, freeing up an extra slot on your roster. This is not so bad on Very Hard however.

But anyway I say

Sylphosaurus posted:

I vote for:
1. Male
2. Human
3. Rifles
4. Frosty

But add some conjuration/magic for heals, aim boosts, haste, air barrier, and good ol-fashioned summon shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Kanfy posted:

That reminds me, fun fact about naming your character: The character limit isn't actually 12.

It's 110.

You're telling us this now?

I'm changing my name vote to 'In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice
that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just
remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages
that you've had."'

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
{ name: null }

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

TheMcD posted:

Well, elves get a "bonus" to Charisma. Unless I completely misunderstand things, what happens (at least with this "new" Shadowrun trilogy) is that you start with one more point of Charisma than normal. So if you're building a character with a custom class, that means you get 2 Charisma instead of 1 to start with, meaning that you saved a grand total of 2 Karma. Alternatively, you can pick Human, and get 3 free Karma to allocate however you wish.

And it's not like you're going to hit the stat caps at 9 anyway.

This is correct. It's also tempting to think that elves are best at guns because of the higher quickness cap but you'll never get up there. Especially not in Dead Man's Switch.

Edit:

Poil posted:

In pnp they're also the best at being mages by far and the only non-human race that doesn't have any stat penalties or drawbacks in any way. Just lots of advantages. Naturally they're the second cheapest meta type to be too. Only human is cheaper since it's the base that costs nothing. Freaking dandelion eaters.

Why is every fantasy game made by Elf Supremacists? I want to see just one game where a big ugly ogre is the best at everything.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 25, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

In this and Dragonfall, I didn't find cyberware to be that great when I played. In Honk Kong, though, I found something I really, really liked.

Hong Kong has a better system for cyberware as well as more diversity in cyberware. Dragonfall's only super-useful cyberware are datajacks, accuracy eyeballs, and that +1 ap cyberware you get from taking the phone booth calls or whatever, you know, the one that's the same as what Glory has. Everything else is typically not worth the essence cost as it is super helpful, much faster, and much less expensive to take some basic haste/heal/aim/armor buffs from the various magic paths.

Getting Hong Kong cyberware is rough though because the game is super stingey with money. Not sure if the extended cut corrected this or not.

I've played through mods with a bigger variety of cyberware where a full suite of cyberware becomes a seriously tempting alternative to magic.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Do grenades follow the Chunky Salsa rules or do they just do their damage once to everything in the blast radius?

They damage everything in their radius, the most useful ones are incendiaries that do damage + DoT and concussion which do ap damage, and can shut down a whole group for a turn.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I would also second anyone's recommendation to play Dragonfall, it is among the best games of the last 5 years on any system and the mobile port is probably the best game on mobile, other than possibly the ports of XCOM: EW and Invisible Inc which are also very good.

The game is pretty big and dialogue heavy though so if you absolutely need to read every paragraph it'll be a bit of a time commitment. I am still a tad foggy on the events of the second half of the game because by the time I get there it's always like 3am and my eyes are all red because I didn't wear my glasses and my dog wants to know when I'm going to go to bed. In a minute, Digby, you're not my boss you're just a dog. I might be doing important work stuff right now for all you know.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Kanthulhu posted:

I have no idea who this jake dude is and what you all are talking about.

Jake Armitage from SNES shadowrun? Remember? He talked to a dog spirit and hung out with that fox girl? He shot dragons and lived in a morgue? I might be remembering some of this wrong.

Edit: Music link removed, didn't realize it was the final boss music :v:

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 28, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Quote is not edit, whoops

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

TheMcD posted:

Huh. I think I gave up on stims before noticing that that one gave +1 AP, because I never knew that and just filed it under "sell instantly" like the rest. That could have been useful.

Please do read the item descriptions carefully, McD. Despite what Nancy Reagan may have led you to believe, all the responsible shadowrunners use those +ap drugs :colbert:

Some fights in Dragonfall would be really hard without using Jazz and Cram (+2ap I think?) in the early rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Does this game model addiction or withdrawl at all, or are these pure buff potions?

They're just buff potions.

• Locked thread