Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

In my opinion he's way more fun now. Probably did lose some structure pushing power, but he still melts waves like nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kith posted:

I feel like adding characters that are deliberately designed to be as annoying as possible was a mistake

100% agree, Murky has no place in the game.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Honestly the only OW character that annoys me any significant amount is Genji, and at least you have to be good with him to really turn him into a terror. Bad Genjis just die.

I haven't played just a ton recently, but personally only a few characters bug me so much that I feel they're bad for the game, and some of those are only because I mostly play QM too. TB/Smash Varrain, Murky, Abathur, and Medivh. There is very little I dread more in HotS than getting Medivh on my team in QM.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I strongly suspect that the player count drop was more from the extreme slowing of support than it was from killing HGC. I can't prove that beyond a hunch, but it's certainly why I play much less these days.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Abathur in half a dozen matches in a row this morning. Remembering why I stopped playing HotS a few months ago.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

FungiCap posted:

Quick match is literally more of a gamble than ARAM at this point.

It is, but it's still more fun for me. I just don't enjoy ARAM at all.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Woo. Got disconnected in the middle of a match. Couldn't get back in for an hour because battle.net login servers were down. Now I get to be in leaver's queue. What fun.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Elephunk posted:

I am sorry to inform you the game is no longer supported and you will be forgotten in the leavers queue for all time

I actually got out of it pretty fast (other than a long queue) because it matched me to a good non-leaver team. Thankfully.

Machai posted:

I like when they have a survey question at the end of a match and it asks you how effective you think the reporting system is. Is anyone going to even look at that feedback now?

Yeah, I've thought about that too. Information into the void, I guess.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Valla could definitely use some nerfs, but the game's still fun overall to me.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kalko posted:

I did the revamped Uldaman in WoW today and The Lost VikingsDwarves feature heavily in it. They even do their Longboat ult during their boss fight (the first encounter in the dungeon). I wanna go to the alternate universe where Blizzard invested in HotS instead of Overwatch and the game is still coming out with new heroes.

God I know. I've been running that dungeon and it makes me feel the drat same.

I think they even have the same VAs from HotS, or at least it sounds like it to me.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Had a match on Warhead earlier that went to 48 minutes and level 30 on both sides. If that's not a new record for my longest, it's drat close. I was on Imperius and played like poo poo, but we won in the end thank goodness.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

We had a competent Ragnaros on our side, and that alone definitely kept us in the match a lot longer than we would have been otherwise. He did 750k siege damage that game.

Even with its flaws, I will 100% take Warhead over Battlefield of Eternity or Blackheart's Bay any day. It doesn't feel that bad to me since they removed the south boss and added the teleport tunnel instead.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kith posted:

Quite a few Bug Fixes that are nerfs and buffs. Enormous Dehaka buff in particular.

Yeah, I'm a little sad about the change to Nova's Anti-Armor Shells. I realize it's probably standardizing it with how other effects are but it's a pretty hefty nerf to one of her few strong talents.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I mean I'd be all for that if it gave her a total rework to be viable in her role in other ways, stealth can be annoying for sure.

As it is, she's way, way less oppressive than both Samuro and Zeratul, who can poo poo all over unprepared teams in different but equally annoying ways.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 27, 2023

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

skipThings posted:

delete murky

:same:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Oh geeze those Nova buffs, I didn't expect any more real balance changes but I'll take 'em. I'm the one person who always loved Advanced Cloaking.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

According to heroesprofile.com , Valeera has a 12% pick rate in QM and 4% in Storm League.

She is not the hero you think she is.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I don't want to speak for you or assume anything, but is it possible you are thinking of Valla, the similarly-named Diablo demon hunter? Because unlike Warcraft rogue Valeera, Valla IS both strong and popular.

Highest pick rate in SL, second highest in QM after good ol' Nazeebo.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Which hero was it?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I hate Battlefield of Eternity several orders of magnitude more than any other map, including Blackheart's Bay. Infernal Shrines is fine, though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jesus gently caress. Played a match against a guy with level 999 TLV, 6000+ games played on them alone.

My team won, but even fighting his TLV was kind of a special hell.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

BRJurgis posted:

I feel I've made this same post in the past, but I'm constantly bewildered that people play quick match and even storm league without a 5 man, and without somebody calling out moves. When timing, composition, and teamwork are so critical, going into qm or SL all half cocked just feels a frustrating waste of time. Even if you win!

I consider myself casual, and not a great player (and rarely a sober one). So I hope this doesn't sound judgemental, but I wonder if people do it simply because they just want to be a specific hero, or aren't knowledgeable about enough heroes to play ARAM.

I remember before ARAM existed carefully picking (or drafting) synergistic heroes, and having a knowledgeable teamate call out moves in comms. Anything less seems like playing chess blindfolded.

Just feeling like a weirdo for nope-ing out from groups that wanna QM. I swear I'm not a tryhard!

I find no fun in ARAM. It takes all the strategy and interesting things out of the game, it's smash against the other team until one breaks most of the time and that's boring as hell to me. I'd much rather lose in QM than lose in ARAM. Is solo QM miserable sometimes? Sure, but sometimes you win or at least have fun and that's more than I ever get in ARAM.

I also have no friends who play, so solo it is. I have zero interest in teaming up with randos from general chat. At least if I'm solo I can mute the racists and homophobes and not be expected to listen to them for the remainder of the match. I try my best, I don't throw games or give up early. But I have no patience for that poo poo in my life.

Also yeah, when HotS finally dies the rest of the way I'm just done with MOBAs. Not going to DOTA or LOL or any other misery fest, they don't interest me in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Huh. Yrel buffs to talents I don't take and a nerf to one talent I do take. Not sure what to think of this but good to see some changes. Shame there are no Samuro nerfs.