Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

PantsBandit posted:

"Leoric, back off, you can't kill Malthael"

"Leoric, please"

*Leoric has died*

I am still amazed at the number of Leoric's that manage double digit deaths every game, because they think the shortened respawn timer makes it okay. You're still loving dead for a third of the game, and that's not okay. Being dead for a third of the game instead of half of it isn't really beneficial to your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I really want to learn Jaina but I'm not going to learn anything in clown fiesta QM. Any tips from the more experienced players here?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
did you know you can get 5 levels down on warhead junction when you're matched with a varian and an uther who are grouped, and the uther refuses to heal anyone and the varian goes twin blades?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Did the dreadlord jaina and deathknight sonya skins go live too? I don't know why they wouldn't have, but I'm at work and can't confirm.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol acheive 30 take downs in winning games

do I have a year or more to get this done or what

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BrianBoitano posted:

I mean if you're really struggling go for AI games

or, y'know, get gud

yes that's very helpful advice in silver league, where one person can for sure carry an entire team dead set on being loving retarded

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Toshimo posted:

As tcjimbo reminds me every time I play with him, I am a garbage dumpster fire of a player at this game, but when I queue with a bunch of silver goons, I pubstomp. So, yeah, if you are even halfway decent, the only thing keeping you in silver is you.

you can't queue as a group in HL?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

No Wave posted:

Wow QM has been agony today. Is everyone drunk or something?

i'm sorry the popular consensus is that it's good and fine and you need to git gud

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

beejay posted:

Now it just seems like they are content with making QM players and skin addicts happy. Follow the money I guess.

I spent like $35 on the skins for Jaina, Sonya, and Zagara, even though I really only wanted the Sonya skins, and I've given up on ranked play because I'll never get out of Silver. Checks out.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can you ice block the hunt to cancel Illidan's travel? I've always assumed he'd just end up landing at my feet as ice block ended, since projectiles with a lock on and travel time don't stop moving.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yukari posted:

It's also really funny in towers of doom, where you can just snipe people trying to get towers.

I had a Towers game where KT was the only person who survived a super unfortunate team wipe, and kept their team off of the two objectives long enough for us respawn, win a teamfight, and take both ourselves to win. That was pretty neat.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sindai posted:

Wouldn't they just need to walk out of fissure to avoid the reset and then finish a new channel before it's off cooldown? :confused:

silver league, they didn't move out of the circle on the ground

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

bamhand posted:

How often do you get 20 flares in a QM game? I just go W because I've never landed 20 without a team that helps set them up.

I feel like every qm has some dipshit who just humps towers so I'm guaranteed at least one flare on CD. More if it's one of the idiot magnets like Sylv or Hammer that other people tend to hover around while they're busy being grossly out of postion and ignoring the mini map.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Trade Chat Troll posted:

Tired of playing Tassadar in QM, looking at this Play 3 Support Games quest. Perfect time to open Stukov in my level 475 crate :toot:

how could anyone possibly get tired of playing autoattacksadar in QM?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

ninguno posted:

You guys ever seen a "temporary outage of Blizzard services." when trying to log in? I see plenty of people on my friends list currently playing.

edit: of course it started working as soon as i made a post on the internet.

I had a login queue for the first time ever today.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Seebach posted:

So its going to be a Varian Wrynn skin. I think the Arm is Raynor's armor though right?

The ground is most likely Volskaya Framework, the cobble steps are probably a lead up to the nexus starting point?

I bet that's the mid boss on Hanamura and we're going to have to play that map again in exchange for a techno Varian skin :(

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gobbeldygook posted:

Stitches and Uther are going on sale tomorrow. The free hero rotation includes Butcher, so I look forward to farming the gently caress out of scrub Butchers in QM and weeping in turn when I get stuck with the worthless chain feeding Butcher on my team.

"butcher we need you in teamfights man come on"

"have to farm meat in lane first"

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

wiegieman posted:

The whole point of Butcher's trait rework is to make it worth participating in fights before finishing the meat quest.

Yes, I'm well aware of that fact, which is why I facetiously posted an example of a frustrating conversation one would have at the beginning of a match during free butcher week. People will see "1 safe meat from minion but more meat from players except players will kill you maybe" and they will avoid teamfights and take 20 minutes to get enough meat because people are loving stupid.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Shadowlyger posted:

Quite liberal, actually. It takes a bit for them to act, but once you're on the poo poo list you'll find yourself suffering increasingly harsher punishment until they eventually get tired of dealing with your poo poo and ban you.

I don't know man, I feel like at least half of my games have someone with a 500+ account level who immediately calls someone a friend of the family or something within the first minute of the match and doesn't stop. There's no way they're not eating reports every game, but they've made it this far without a silence.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Mierenneuker posted:

I hope you reported the player who told you to kill yourself. There's being a salty son of a bitch, and then there is those cases where Blizzard needs to hook 'em off the stage.

and really, one or the other of uninstalling and killing yourself would do the trick, there's no need to tell someone to do both

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you take Convection and never finish it, then there is a chance you are bad at Kael.

If you take any talent other than Convection at level one, then there is a 100% chance you are bad at Kael.

Even pros don't think that, come on now. There's a time and place for convection and the globe one both.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

tcjimbo posted:

I like people who play AI games because they're usually the most antisocial people out there. They are incapable of handling the most basic of criticism and treat any comment towards them as aggressive. Queueing with a five stack of goons in ranked and unranked will always be enjoyable as long as AI players stick to their thing and let the good human beings play together.

Also, medivh is good but way too stessful for me.

He's capable of such clutch plays that when you miss one of them by like half a second it's just crushing

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

T. Bombastus posted:

You should play the game you want, and I'm not trying to talk you out of exclusively playing vs AI

but

poo poo like that absolutely does not happen every game; if it did, it wouldn't be postworthy. The HOTS community is mostly comprised of chill (or at least quiet) nerds, with the occasional rear end in a top hat thrown in for spice.

That said, I wouldn't mind all that much if they replaced team chat with Hearthstone-style emotes, since it's pretty rare for meaningful/productive communication to occur in the chat window.

yeah, at most it's 3/4 of games. maybe even as low as 2/3

the hots community is largely comprised of either people who silently ignore objectives, communication and teamwork, or people who repeatedly call you a human being while they're ignoring objectives, communication and teamwork

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

MMAgCh posted:

Disable allied chat in the options menu. Single greatest QoL feature in MOBA history.

panda clue posted:

... lol. I can't believe this is actually an option, but okay, I guess that's one way to solve that toxicity problem! Thanks!

It's so important to do that in this game that if you haven't there's a link right in chat when the game starts to just "click here to disable allied chat". You'll also usually need to mute pings from at least one person, which you can quickly and easily do right from the scoreboard!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I haven't gotten a stimpack out of a loot box in weeks. Did they change the rate at which they drop?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
That's lame. I remember after 2.0 first came out I got months of stimpacks just from lootboxes. Oh well, I suppose they're probably the most purchased item since more exp = more boxes. I don't know why they would give them away, given that.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Mierenneuker posted:

It looks like one of those videos where people make a cat dance by holding them up and moving their arms. Junkrat even has the disinterested head movements to match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X6b19ukfTA

e: 14 seconds in

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

goons who are into mobas are trash? hosed up if tru

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

How Rude posted:

stop spamming racial slurs you loving moron

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Olaf The Stout posted:

There are a couple bots that kick a lot of rear end, and Muradin is definitely one of them.

I usually try to play something that lets me enable my team making plays rather than being the playmaker myself. With Muradin, I can just be a fat loving sack of HP trundling into the enemy team and setting my team up for kills or eating skill shots meant for them and I love it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

The Shortest Path posted:

The worst thing is when people immediately block chat and then don't have a single loving clue what they're doing but you can't even give them suggestions. Junkrat, you are the only person on our team even remotely capable of outpushing their murky, you should be doing that instead of slowly soloing camps while he pushes in our keep! :argh:

If they don't see something like that and respond instead of loving around at camps they were just going to call you a human being if you typed in chat about it and continue to gently caress around at camps. There is nothing you can put in chat that will benefit anyone but someone who is already looking at the minimap and trying to play with their team.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
what kind of a loving philistine eats a hotdog without onions mustard and sauerkraut?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Eraflure posted:

Raynor's third ability is good if you spec into it, the CDR was the only thing holding it back. It's a very good change.
No idea wtf they're doing with Kharazim though.

whatever they're doing they're making him extremely strong

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've played 6 games today, and I've had at least 2 people afk in the first minute in all of them. Is that normal for daytime hots? I don't usually play during the day.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

bio347 posted:

It'll be interesting to see how they go on that, because the paladin field is also fairly full of WoW characters (like... Liadrin, Yrel, Tirion, Mograine, Maraad) and at least one of them will probably be ret-style. I'd bet the D2 paladin either does auras, hammers, or FotH because they have less WoW analogue.

I haven't played WoW since BC, and don't remember it well. Don't Paladins use a system where they have short term attack buffs that they can activate another ability to turn into damage + negative effect on the target? I could see something where QWE gives you a buff that your trait "detonates" for an effect, multi-classed for the different specializations being fun.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I would pay money for a dreadlord jaina skin that uses the wings to fly for a mount

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Toshimo posted:

Is there something I'm missing about junkrat? He seems super squishy, has no sustain, loses lane to all the real laners, and gets smashed to bits by people like tracer or Lunara.

He can take a minion wave which is neatly clumped up to be destroyed by a large aoe ability and spread it all over the entire lane, better even than ETC can. That's something?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

SirSamVimes posted:

His mage build is disgusting.

For the first two talents, it depends how safe you feel being aggressive. If you're not too confident staying alive, take Headhunter and Voodoo Shuffle. The extra range and share removal are a lot of survivability. If you are confident, take Recklessness and Amani Rage. Amani Rage allows you to activate your spellpower bonus and makes Guillotine more consistent.

Level 7 is Arcanite Axes. This is not negotiable. When your baseline quest comes online, you will start making GBS threads out stupid amounts of damage.

Level 10 is Guillotine. Especially with Amani Rage, it allows you to deal a huge aoe burst and is incredibly good for sniping runners.

Level 13 is Lacerate or Ensnare. Lacerate allows you to put a substantial 60% slow out on multiple targets but Ensnare allows you to lock down a single target and vaporise them with your full combo.

Level 16 is Wrong Place Wrong Time. By now your quest should have hit 150 but if it hasn't then this will get you the rest. Once you have the quest done and this talent, you will become a god of death and everything will melt before you.

Level 20 is Buzzsaw. Guillotine being good means the forward rolling is good now and a free full heal if you get a kill is really powerful. I've been tempted to try Forest Medicine but never got around to it.

Dude. Thank you. I haven't had this much fun in a while.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm actually in the same boat as Uther with his offensive build, I can't even begin to explain that one.

The self heal on holy shock goes a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

holy cow that’s a lot of zuljin nerfs
My beautiful boy :mad:

Yeah, it looks a lot like they want to see more grievous throw/aa play, instead of the bursty mage build that owns. Which sort of makes sense, coupled with the support nerfs.