Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
tcjimbo in opening post world is alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hahaha, eStar drafted Nova.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Gustav posted:

That's clearly not the reason it's bad, Taunt has afaik 100% pick rate in pro games and it's popularity skews heavily toward the higher rankings in HL (Taunt is 85% in Master, 31% in Bronze). And it isn't because they're too dumb to pick a 2nd tank.

That doesn't mean Discount Illidan can't still do solid work when it's picked, but it's pretty clear it's not his strongest build.

There were actually were games with Twin Blades and Colossus Smash this week in the HGC. Twin Blades got wrecked, but the Smash nearly won against eStar.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Bogart posted:

Nah, Stetmann is Yosuke, what's his name. Been in a million games.

Stetmann is Scott Menville, not Yuri Lowanthal.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Raynor and co. rescuing Stukov was in the N64 version of Starcraft, of all places.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Also are we talking damage per attack or damage per second? Is he someone with big damage but slow attack speed?
It looks like he's big hits but ungodly slow attack speed. Maybe slowest in the game.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Like, his release in the Tech Alpha? The Betas? Or the actual game launch?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
A second teaser pic is out and it's the Gates of Ogrimmer.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

I believe Monkey King is Dota 2's latest design and he can leap on trees and polymorph into random things to fake people out. So all MOBAs are still doing cool stuff, character kits in general aren't as dire as, say... when LoL was adding characters every 2-3 weeks.

Edit: Or that DC Comics MOBA that died a silent death. I used to watch the character spotlight videos for that one and some heroes looked really uninspired and samey.

Like, half those DC dudes were variants of Batman too, weren't they?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Thrall was fine up until WoW, where he just made bad decision after bad decision, culminating in naming Garrosh "Hates the Alliance" Hellscream to Warchief when Zul'Jin and Cairne were both much better, more even choices.

I mean, yeah, a corpse not even part of the Horde would still be better than Garrosh, but I think you mean Vol'jin here.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Also the ads are buggy as poo poo, won't load, randomly crash and sometimes won't give bits but count against your daily allowance anyway.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You can occasionally get ads worth a hundred bits but the whole system is kind of hosed. I've gone days without being able to watch new ads for bits.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Just to clarify on the two keeps, two minutes Braxis Holdout match.

The teams did four-man pushes in opposite lanes and both sides claimed a Keep. It wasn't one team taking two keeps like I assumed at first read.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Tyrael had a partial damage redeflect as part of his base kit waaaaaaay back in the tech alpha and he was complete garbage back then. More for his overall package than just that though.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The Nova vs Cho'Gall HGC dream match.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Dietrich posted:

wtf. We had a brawl where all 10 players had a pick between probius, probius, and probius.

Side note, it turns out that you can blow up friendly probius's void zones.

There's a low% chance of everyone being forced into the same hero in most brawls.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

von Metternich posted:

Well, his kit there was something like:

Frost Armor
Mana Regen Aura
Frost Nova
and Death and Destruction, which was like 4% health per second for 40 seconds or something?

Yeah, he'd have to be more support for that I guess.

Mana Regen Aura was on the Archmage. Lichs got "eat minion for mana".

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 21, 2017

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Semper Fudge posted:

if only they could fix their mistake and bring back Anub'araks original VA

They have Steve Blum he just... didn't do it.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

How is this going to work? Right now the morales strat is either dive her or make her go oom. Will energy regen pause until her trait activates?

Jaina's back in the meta boys

Morales uses 6 energy to heal a tick and after 3 seconds of not healing regains 6. Morales self-heals for 2% max HP when healing others.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
On the other hand...

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
PTR's updatin'.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Shadowlyger posted:

When did "don't stand in the fire" become such a difficult concept

When you're also required to stand in the fire.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

People get absurd objective-blindness sometimes. What I've noticed is people have no awareness of when to back off an objective. A 5v5 will turn into a 3v5 and still those 3 people will keep sticking their noses in until there's nobody left and now the other team not only has the objective but is up 2 levels on us.

Jesus christ, guys, we can afford to lose a tribute. It isn't the end of the world.

No, you see, with one of our guys dead it's a brilliant time to fight 2v5 and blame the 2 people who didn't want to suicide.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Glory to the Alliance + an AoE healer is good unkillable times.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
They're adding Vehicle skins too.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Gobbeldygook posted:

Nope. That's a NotBelial post. Just look at his name, he is definitely not the prince of lies.

Oh, ha, I don't even look at reddit names.

EDIT: Swing for the fences Tempo Storm.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 4, 2017

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

Sometimes I take talents becuase I like their name and concept even if they suck (see: It Hungers). I am part of the problem.

I can never tell if people think it's spelled this way or if they're just trying to make a joke.

I spell it that way as a joke about her voice pack in the War3 editor using "Sylanus".

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

PTR Notes posted:

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until January 8.
Very easy to infer Blaze is coming out next week.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
She also gets 15 armor passively from Vault of the Wardens.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
And with Lava Wave you can't be stopped!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

lucifirius posted:

LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McvcrxhQqQ

"This exoskeleton can be extremely difficult to control, do not judge a dragoon by the path they choose to walk"

Holy poo poo he references the light vs Tempest super dragoon.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Dietrich posted:

The important thing is now there are enough protoss for a full team of five.

Although the full Terran team would kick their asses.

Can we get a Zerg warrior now?

Dehaka.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Raynor was: Vulture (T1), Vulture (T2), Marine (T4), Vulture (T5), Vulture (T6), Vulture (T10), Vulture (Z4), Vulture (P4), Battlecruiser (P8), Battlecruiser (P10), Vulture (BWP1), Vulture (BWP2), Battlecruiser (BWT5) Marine (BWZ2), Marine (N64), Marine (WoL1), Marine (WoL), Marine (WoL), Marine (HotS2).

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

You forgot battlecruiser for the Heart of the Swarm finale. :colbert:

I remembered that but Matt always has Hyperion command in SC2 so didn't count it.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Gobbeldygook posted:

In WoW the way it worked when I played was you got instant queues if you were a tank, fast queues if you were a healer, and long-rear end queues if you were a DPS. I'm sure some people probably started playing tank or healer just so they'd have faster queues.

I sure did.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
That Simplicity vs Team Freedom game 1 was a thing of beauty.

EDIT: Freedom aiming to top their first draft! MURKY!

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 20, 2018

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

siotle posted:

Team Freedom won on infernal shrines with malf-etc-hanzo-probius-gazlowe against alexstraza-ragnaros-medivh-chogall.
Apparently this match doesn't actually affect either teams' standings so they are going full meme.

A dragonstrike Hanzo too.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Holy gently caress that comeback.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I've had that box for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You have to use abilities that phase you out of targeting at nearly the moment of impact. Tracer's Blink is actually a dash, I think, so it shouldn't avoid Pyroblast.