Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

chumbler posted:

Replace all maps with Towers of Doom and maybe Warhead Junction for special occasions.

christ no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Towers of Doom is a great map tho

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I would be completely ok with it if every fancy map mechanic was replaced with "go to this location, fight the enemy team, winner gets a prize".

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Towers of Doom is good, Warhead Junction is eh

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Macaluso posted:

Towers of Doom is good, Warhead Junction is eh

WJ is just thoroughly mediocre

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Warhead bad

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Grubby grant me the serenity to accept the maps I cannot change;
the courage to continue trying despite this poo poo comp;
and the wisdom to next time only play with goons.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gustav posted:

I would be completely ok with it if every fancy map mechanic was replaced with "go to this location, fight the enemy team, winner gets a prize".

This, but more Sky Temple and Immortals where you get credit for partial victory and less Punishers where your 39/40 was a complete waste.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think there's anything wrong with Warhead Junction besides the size. It's basically what every goon always asks for, which is a map where objectives play a less important role compared to overall team KDR.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I really like the nuke mechanic but yeah the map is way too tall

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Hot take: Xul's trait should raise any "Non-structure" unit as a skeleman instead of just minions. Make him less awful on Mines/Garden/Shrines and 1% better at mercing.

(Same with Nazeebo's trait.)

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Big map combined with the map objective being split and spread all over the place leads to nukes rarely being properly contested and usually devolves into "they get the bottom 2 nukes, we take the top 2", ie BORING

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Unless a team managed to get their hands on globals, in which case hooray! Now you can have one to five people with the necessary mobility to converge on any nuke.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Biggest problem with Braxis is the god awful announcer. I can't stand listening to that whiny scientist nerd. Replacing the announcer pack doesn't even change his voice either.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Gustav posted:

Big map combined with the map objective being split and spread all over the place leads to nukes rarely being properly contested and usually devolves into "they get the bottom 2 nukes, we take the top 2", ie BORING

Just have fewer nukes spawn and have the nukes suck less and do more damage.

The lovely thing about Haunted Mines is that its overall mechanic is great, it's just a stupid map. If Garden of Terror worked the same way without you needing to waste someone to possess the boss, it'd be great.

Basically what they need is something similar with a large map with 3 lanes and gimmick minions in the gaps between, but when you clear them it readies a timer for your boss dude to spawn with HP based on how many bear asses your team collected. Your team gets to vote on which lane it will go down somehow, and that's the mechanic.

A map I'd like to see is a 2.5 lane map where the center is actually another base but it's unclaimed at the start. You need to hold 2 watchtower-style capture regions above and below it. Whichever team manages to cap both points gets the base to flip to them at which point it will also spawn creep waves that will go into the top and bottom lanes and are primarily siege types. If the enemy caps one side of the base but not the other, creep stops spawning on that side. You need to cap both ends to flip it.

To mix it up, the base will go neutral every 8 minutes or something like that, regardless of who has it. A boss will spawn on the base and needs to be killed so it can be reclaimed.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

The biggest problem with objectives where both teams get a boss (even if one is slightly stronger than the other) is that when both teams have a boss pushing on their base both teams usually end up having to defend instead of pushing, ie BORING. It's not the correct strategy, but good luck talking 4 other people into committing to push a keep when there's a boss tearing down your fort as you speak. If you want non-binary objectives I think Battlefield of Eternity is the best example of doing it right; you get some reward for damage dealt to the objective, but there is still a clear winner and a clearly defined push team and defense team afterwards.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Warhead Junction besides the size. It's basically what every goon always asks for, which is a map where objectives play a less important role compared to overall team KDR.

Yeah but the size is also the problem with bhb and that's a disaster

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Henker posted:

Biggest problem with Braxis is the god awful announcer. I can't stand listening to that whiny scientist nerd. Replacing the announcer pack doesn't even change his voice either.

They already had a whiny scientist nerd character with Stetmann I don't know why they made a new whiny scientist. I liked Stetmann's whiny-ness. Especially in the Starcraft 2 co-op missions he's in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGpZmh5EvL8&t=608s

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
And Stetmann gets absolutely ear grinding once you've heard him a few times and your loving PARTNER WON'T HELP YOU DEFEND HIS BOTS I'M PLAYING STUKOV AND YOU'RE KARAX PUT DOWN SOME FUCKIN TURRETS

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Bogart posted:

And Stetmann gets absolutely ear grinding once you've heard him a few times and your loving PARTNER WON'T HELP YOU DEFEND HIS BOTS I'M PLAYING STUKOV AND YOU'RE KARAX PUT DOWN SOME FUCKIN TURRETS

That's why I main Nova there, my lovely pubbie co-op partner won't stop her carrying the entire game.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Gustav posted:

Great, now you made me want a DIablo event where random QMs go to a new "Treasure Goblin's Cave" map where the map objectives award loot boxes.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Played my first Medievh game last night. You weren't kidding about no one using portals

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

People use portals, but only when its one you specifically made for yourself to dive under a keep to try and snipe a kill, and then they end up dying and complaining because you didnt shield them

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

MisterZimbu posted:

Great, now you made me want a DIablo event where random QMs go to a new "Treasure Goblin's Cave" map where the map objectives award loot boxes.

This sounds really cool, but a large segment of the playerbase is likely to go absolutely loving nuclear at the perception of their teammates costing them actual rewards.

I mean, that would be hilarious for us, but would be such an overwhelming headache for Blizzard that it'll never happen.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Spudd posted:

They already had a whiny scientist nerd character with Stetmann I don't know why they made a new whiny scientist. I liked Stetmann's whiny-ness. Especially in the Starcraft 2 co-op missions he's in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGpZmh5EvL8&t=608s

Wow I thought it was Stetmann, aren't the voice actors the same guy?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nah, Stetmann is Yosuke, what's his name. Been in a million games.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Bogart posted:

Nah, Stetmann is Yosuke, what's his name. Been in a million games.

Stetmann is Scott Menville, not Yuri Lowanthal.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nephzinho posted:

BHB is good [...] once you're ahead on that map there is jack all your opponents can do without taking huge risks

See, that right there is why most people would disagree with you. I can sorta get behind a non-traditional map, as long as the game does a good job of explaining that to players. The idea of "Hey, in this map team fights matter less, it's a pve race," isn't inherently bad or against to HotS's design goals -A game decided by an early lead and then just a matter of counting down the clock without a gently caress up is antithetical to those goals.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Played my first Medievh game last night. You weren't kidding about no one using portals

I use portals, when Medivh drops it in the middle of a fight and I accidentally click it :v:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I use portals, when Medivh drops it in the middle of a fight and I accidentally click it :v:

Thanks dude I really wanted to pop back into melee with my half health valla :shepicide:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Apparently there was some info leak and the next hero is a disc/shadow priest multiclass

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Apparently there was some info leak and the next hero is a disc/shadow priest multiclass

That would be sick tia Blizzard

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Velen, the Draenei are back baby

Who are we kidding it's gonna be loving anduin

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's my oc, Milhaud Tilemaker

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Tender Bender posted:

Happy Feast of Winterveil!

Edit: not seeing anything about this

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 22, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Where? Don't see it on reddit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tender Bender posted:

Velen would never be a shadow priest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Maybe it'll be someone actually cool, like Tyrande again.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Give us Turalyon as a ret paladin. Also a wc2/3 peon.

E: also the Diablo 2 druid and assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's so obviously Anduin. Both Wrynns are Multiclass.