Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dietrich posted:

Gazlowe announcer, best announcer.

No contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Star posted:

I’ll never get this thread’s obsession with murky.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

No Wave posted:

Fenix looks neat and I'm glad they're releasing him, I just am a little skeptical of another ranged assassin without CC... it's already difficult to give them all a purpose in the game right now (I guess i'm specifically referring to Zul'jin, Raynor, and Valla). The two AA types seems fun though.

He has the slow from Plasma Cutter which has a pretty huge max range and continues to swing around while he's moving. I'm also guessing he's going to end up more like Greymane where you poke from a distance using Phase Bomb before switching to Repeater Cannon and swooping in to actually secure the kill.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

look buddy i want to be a shittier illidan and you can't stop me

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Grubby keeps his builds here and his tierlist here. They're a good starting place but its important to remember that he's operating from a solo queue ranked perspective for most of them.

Ultimately, talent builds are a bit like drafting. It just takes time and practice to figure out what's best.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AlmightyBob posted:

I love playing lucio but my need to look cool by constantly wall riding means my arm gets worn out from non stop clicking

You can just hold down right-click and your hero will follow your cursor around. Very useful on Tracer and Lucio

1stGear fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 19, 2018

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Macaluso posted:

I can’t tell if you guys are joking or not about these awful Carbot sprays

how do i kick you out of my thread

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

Be the first to learn how the lore of Heroes of the Storm will add to the larger Blizzard universe.

No, please God, the last thing this game needs is Blizzard lore.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I find the Brawl being vertically oriented deeply unsettling for some reason.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Fenix seems a little silly.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Planet Cracker doesn't seem super-useful but if you get the enemy team lined up in a map with narrow jungle corridors BOY OH BOY

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Lol at his spotlight video claiming Tracer counters him. AA build fucks her up and Purification Salvo's infinite range keeps her from just blinking away.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I actually just played a couple of games as Tracer to test this. One game, the enemy Fenix went Warp build and Planet Cracker and I dove on him with impunity. The next, Fenix went AA build and Salvo and he tore me a new rear end in a top hat every time I went in on him. Even if I killed him, I was so low in health that I either got killed by somebody else or had to back. Killing him was also reliant on landing my Pulse Bomb.

Needs more testing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
New brawl is fun as heck and easy if your team aren't total morons.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ahune and Murmur would be easy skins for Rag.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Dark Nexus loot boxes use the same model as the Lunar Festival, as well as the same opening noise and the same icon in your loadout.

And the problem with core fights is less their new attacks and more that they focus you if you attack an enemy hero near them and continue focusing you even after you stop attacking. Had a game that was won at the 25 minute mark but got pushed back to 30 because we couldn't defend ourselves against surviving heroes and deal with the core damage at the same time.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 15, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Karma Guard posted:

So Stitches is... good now? Like, I remember him being thoroughly mediocre and I like Muradin's playstyle more (the ability to go NO, STOP with any of your abilities and also not a squeaky-hammer of damage. Also, not gonna lie, the Candy King skin). When I deal with them in a game, I'm usually the guy with the health shred, or trying to ignore him completely because, well, what's he gonna do to stop me from being a horrible little gremlin?

I almost exclusively play QM, which probably explains it.

I mean, I've avoided played Stitches for years because I'm terrified of being expected to land the hook. But I've played a few games with him following Kith's guide and yeah, in the right context he's pretty loving strong. At one point late game, after stacking Savor the Flavour all game, I was able to tank being attacked by an Artanis and Garrosh and soaking shots from a keep while my teammates rushed it down. Then I just loving walked away with less than a quarter of my health left. I went top to clear a lane and grab a globe. My health regen was so high that by the time I linked up with my team again thirty seconds later, I was already back at half health.

But I've also played games where I just get CC'd to death or my team doesn't take advantage of the opportunities I create or I can't catch up to the squishes to chop them down. In those cases, Stitches can't do poo poo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First QM yesterday, I had a Illidan that became incredibly toxic immediately after the first bad team fight and resulted in our Abathur and him just bitching at each other and eventually both feeding. So I joined leaver's queue. My two leaver's queue games were really close, solid games where my teams were either silent or supportive. First game back in QM, my Anduin and Muradin both immediately start feeding after we lose the first objective.

I am now back in leaver's queue and looking forward to some quality games.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
What do you get when you have two all-assassin team that synergize pretty well on a small map?

ALL KILLS NO BRAKES

We won, but what ultimately saved us is that their Kel'thuzad wasn't very good. When I checked at about twenty minutes, he still hadn't finished his baseline quest.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Because no one is paying attention to the game, so gently caress it, do whatever you want.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they're being used as a test lab for stuff the designers of Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 are considering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If MicroBlizztivision revives the game and treats as a goofy casual MOBA instead of the SERIOUS ESPORTS MEGA MONEY MAKER Kotick wanted it to be, then sure, gently caress it, put Master Chief in the game.