Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hanamura is terrible.

Possibly worst map in the game?

So they successfully captured the spirit of the original, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

To answer seriously: The color coding system allows the 5% of annoying weirdos who really need everyone to know what level they are to have a cool purple border or whatever while in reality no one else cares enough to know what the colors actually mean. The purpose is to dramatically cut down on the "they have +50 levels loving GG" while also placating the hardcore DOTA rejects. See also: COD prestige emblems

When you put it like that I actually like it? I'd feel bad seeing people on the other team whose level was like eight times mine, but the way it's presented has less of that immediate impact. It's a nice little psychological thing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

BRJohnson posted:

Sorry to the dudes I dropped out on while playing as Azmodunk tonight. Somebody literally walked right into my house and I absolutely had to deal with it : /

Also I don't mind any of the maps yet (only started playing again a week or so ago). Is the hate because the more specialized maps create situations where certain teams/heroes are poo poo?

I was on that team, don't worry about it. That exact same thing happened to me the other day, that's just life.

I don't mind any of the maps either--maybe I lack a discerning MOBA pallette--but whenever I think about the map rotation I remember all the great maps I played in the first Nexus Challenge, and it's kinda sad.

Also: still super happy I got Darth Vader Leoric and the Star Chariot mount in the same loot box. I may never git gud but I will enjoy playing dress up with my Blizzard dolls, drat it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Poultron posted:

Got called a "douchebag" for not soloing all 5 of the enemy team obliterating our core and instead electing to stay in the fountain

Die with honor.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Spudd posted:

So one Genji's master skins makes him look like Master Chief which is a Bungie game so I would be surprised if we don't see skins inspired from Destiny 2 or their other games... which I can't think of right now.

By that logic we have the entire cast of Evangelion to look forward to.

Can't wait for the Tokyo-3 stage where you have to get Ramiel to drill into the other team's core, and merc camps drop part of the entire power supply of Japan.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Spudd posted:

I think you're getting Johanna confused with Muradin.

Not when he's dressed up like the king of Candyland.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Turns out Lost Vikings are amazing in game 3 of this brawl. Sneaking one off to an unoccupied temple goes a long way.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Murky inspires sadism, sounds about right.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

p-hop posted:

I have Brightwing announcer, Gazlowe is the next one I should get right? Are there any other announcers on the same tier as them?

Related question: how good is the DVa announcer?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So over the last few days I've been getting weirdly regular lag--every three seconds or so it stutters. It doesn't seem to be affecting any other game as far as I can tell, just HotS. Is this like a known issue?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's obviously Symmetra; the carwash is just out of frame.

The Burning Legion was not meant for greatness.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So this guy's last name is Hellscream? That owns.

Also, Ana's kit is kind of nuts for this game. Heal, stun, prevent enemy healing while amplifying your own team's.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

bamhand posted:

Guys we are all.missing the important question here. And that is, can Garrosh toss DVa's mech during self destruct?

That's the best loving question anybody ever asked.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I played a couple games with Abathur and I enjoyed him a lot. How do I get good?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I wonder if I can ask for a refund for the DVa skin I just got, because drat.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Dire Human posted:

If they're looking for a lower-speed Overwatch character to add then Ana is definitely one of them; it was actually a surprise at her original reveal that she was a sniper without a mobility option. Other good options would be Mei, Mccree, or Symmetra (!).

Mei could use her ice wall to walk over walls.

McCree should be in this game just so he can finally ride a drat horse.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Ana is real problematic as a solo healer. The fact that she can't heal herself is miserable.

Ana can't hit herself with her biotic grenade in this game? Weird.

Also, they should definitely add Orisa. Her move set and just overall design are so good, and she deserves the kind of skins characters get in this game.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Froghammer posted:

"I just got back from a press screening, anyone who feeds gets Star Wars spoiled for them" so far has a 100% success rate at getting my team to cooperate.

This is the weirdest version of a humblebrag.

BrianBoitano posted:

Correct. Healers are the hardest for that in general, and they just nerfed the two who wave cleared the best :sigh:

Ahh drat it, you're right :( How is Auriel to play now? She was my favorite hero when I started, are the number changes that bad in practice or just on paper?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

moush posted:

Yeah they should have added a baseline quest to hit 15 heroes with Tyrael's trait.

They should have changed Tyrael's trait to something else. Anything else.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

bamhand posted:

But you have to complete the quest to get the attack speed and it's less burst.

It is really easy to complete the quest, though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's Zenyatta with his new skin.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Tonight I was Alex and duo queuing with a Butcher, and we got put in a team with Nova, Sylvanas and Abathur.

And the Abathur was the worst possible. When I suggested he soak another lane instead of going mid with everyone else, he insisted that we needed him there for the team fight. I guess he thought those locusts were singlehandedly going to turn the tide.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Blizzard announced that there is a new Starcraft hero coming at the end of the month to coincide with the anniversary, as well as a themed brawl. Game files (the main menu splash screen) and unconfirmed leaks* still have a Diablo hero coming before that, so we may be getting two heroes in short order.

*Current completely unconfirmed 4chan leak is:
Imperius
Matt & Mira
Reinhardt
Broll Bearmantle
Vashj

I didn't know how much I wanted a Reinhardt announcer until just now.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jesus, I almost always take Aba's clone ult but pushing with Evolved Monstrosity and Pyro mercs is insane value. That keep evaporated.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

little munchkin posted:

*5th-picking ranked player thinking really hard* what this team needs is another ranged dps character

Serious Overwatch deja vu.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I trolled the hell out of a Hanzo as Azmodan the other night. I ignored him entirely while channelling All Shall Burn to destroy their keeps. It was real sad.

He tried to Dragonstrike me and I just moved slightly, and I'm not sure I even needed to do that.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I had a ridiculous game as Abathur on Towers where neither team was really going after the objectives, so I just kept deep tunneling over and capturing them myself.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

Been playing some more Vikings in QP. Thanks for whoever recommended play again instead of longboat, it's a great heroic. It's fun to play vikings like murky, stacking up on regen globes early in the game so your passive regen goes through the roof, and then in the late game let enemies waste their abilities on you, jump and run off so they will have accomplished nothing while you demolish their structures and minion waves.

Play Again is probably stronger but it doesn't have the wacky longboat music, so it's a real trade-off.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The other day I did unranked to get my quests done and we drafted this insane team. I was Cassia and we also had Li Li and Johanna, it was murderous.

Draft is extremely good, in short. Lets you coordinate your comp even with randos, lets you counter pick, lets you see what map you're going on.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

1stGear posted:

Planet Cracker doesn't seem super-useful but if you get the enemy team lined up in a map with narrow jungle corridors BOY OH BOY

We had some absolutely bonkers plays tonight by combining Planet Cracker with Mosh Pit. :getin:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Ort posted:

I've played maybe 3 games on Varian before his rework because I never really liked him or waiting until ten to pick a spec, but I really liked playing him today. It feels like there are decent talents on most tiers and taunt was really fun against zuljin.

I played a lot of Varian before the change. I really miss Shield Wall at level 4 with 2 charges (plus the level 7 that made it last longer and cool down faster), but I have to admit this is much more balanced. And letting you pick your class almost immediately feels a lot better, too.

I wasted too much time with twin blades, though. Colossus Smash is so drat good, and incredibly satisfying to boot.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

Ban/Delete/Pick - Genji/Hanzo/Tracer

Delete Tracer
Ban Genji
Pick Hanzo

Just on principle I can't say anything but "delete all Shimadas".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Every Leoric I've seen in QM is like this. Most of the time they somehow manage to hedge themselves in with their Entombs, too.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Mind over Matter posted:

I can't speak for that person, and I really don't care either way what you do in the end. However, I know when you said you muted everything I assumed that meant you turned off text chat.

Additionally, killing people running from Stukov by detonating a Weighted Pustule on them feels really really good, even if it's probably not optimal use of his trait.

Just think of it as preemptively healing all the damage they would have caused.

This is also the reasoning behind his auto attack, I'm sure.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

No Wave posted:

Do you mean, "will the 7000 hp 40% spell armor tank continie to have a downside?" I hope so!

Is the rez intendee to be pure downside? Because that seems counterintuitive.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Quests rock though. They're just so satisfying.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Makes sense, people not noticing it got hot fixed.

Some dude kept pyro'ing me as Genji too :psyduck:

I got pyroblasted as Zul'jin.

Tazdingo is a beautiful thing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I've always wanted to do a comp that was TLV, Rexxar, Samuro, and then Lucio on support.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

MisterZimbu posted:

I can't wait for the Nexomania themed brawls.

...there better be nexomania themed brawls :ohdear:

It's just a regular match on Volskaya, but halfway through Sombra shows up and hacks the mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Better yet just have only Cursed Hallow

The most valid take I've seen on this game yet.