Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Didn't realize people don't like blackhearts. My least favorite maps are probably sky temple and dragon shrine.

Blackheart promotes never engaging the enemy team, ever. Like the only time it should happen is by accident when you are trying to work on the other side's creeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So the new gold meta:

- If you are hesitant to re-roll on a loot drop because you don't want to spend the gold, do it anyway. You can still buy things with shards.

- Always re-roll if you get four commons on a loot drop, unless you loving love emojis. They are not even worth much as duplicates, while duplicate rares can go a long way toward buying the character you want.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Is account level just the combined level of all your characters?

Also is Tyrande good? I got a skin for her last night and I've decided that I'm just going to play whoever I have cool stuff for right now.

I also got a chariot that looks like it's straight out of Kirby, so that's awesome.

Tyrande is good as long as you don't try to play her as a support. Just pretend you are Raynor with a heal basically?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't remember anything about Raynor but that sounds like something I can manage since I think he's the starter hero

Basically take the talents that make you shoot more gooder. There is a good owl build apparently too? But Tyrande is about damage and soft support.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Did a bunch of games against AI tonight with friends to ease me in. Died a lot, still don't know how MOBAs work, and had some technical problems but apparently I am some kind of idiot savant with Greymane and got MVP with him twice in a row

Good job. Note that the game's assessment of MVP often has a lot to do with who died least, and then counting up your kills/assists between those people.

(In most games it is a dedicated ranged DPS in my experience).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bloody Pom posted:

Still testing the waters since I just started playing on the weekend, Raynor is definitely the most newbie-friendly hero I've tried. Picked up Zarya and I've been liking her a lot too. On the support side, Malfurion and Tassadar are the ones I'm having the most fun with.

If you take all the talents that up your AA damage Raynor is pretty good, I don't really understand people who despise him. His +survivability/aoe buff powers are OK also but not as good.

Zarya is infuriating when played well, Malfurion is considered one of the best supports, and Tassadar since his re-work has been real good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'll admit it, I'm the filthy casual who actually kinda enjoys AI games, and hopes for Blizzard to put in more PVE stuff.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Khorne posted:

You can't camp on account names. There are 100s of gokus.

I think you'll find there's only one Goku

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

There is a band named <X> Tauren Chieftains, and it's the avatars/stage personas of folks from the band made up of Blizz devs. There is not however a rock and roll cow named ETC.

Elite Tauren Chieftain was the band name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrUPeFKNHk

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I will give Blizz all the credit in the world for abandoning the DOTA IP so they could attempt to make an actually good game instead without upsetting the DOTA crowd.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Having just played The Butcher for the first time in forever: Wow is he ever bad.

Tychus' goal is to melt tanks, and TBTA is really the best talent for that. You follow through with Overkill, since his trait doesn't affect it anyways.

Making him collect tokens to Git Gud is not very good, but I think they were trying to solve the problem of Butcher gameplay being "hide in the back, charge, slam the other buttons, repeat." Otherwise Butcher feels OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Is the Zarya grenade build bad or am I having too much fun with it to notice? Hard to say.