Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PortalFreak
Oct 29, 2016

God's true gift to mankind is 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo GameCube.
I've heard talk for a while now that The Simpsons has gotten good again. Obviously, it's been some time since it jumped the shark, and the show has since been notorious for being poo poo and not like its early seasons. However, again, I keep hearing that the new seasons are actually good. Not as good as the first 8 or so, but good nonetheless.

What I'm wondering is, is this legit? Has The Simpsons really improved to the point where it's good again, or is it just the desperate ramblings of Simpson fanboys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The past 3-maybe-5 seasons have all had: At least one episode that is nauseatingly terrible, at least one genuinely heartwarming without being overly maudlin episode, at least one truly amazing and hilarious episode, and the rest are sort of okay

PortalFreak
Oct 29, 2016

God's true gift to mankind is 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo GameCube.

DarklyDreaming posted:

The past 3-maybe-5 seasons have all had: At least one episode that is nauseatingly terrible, at least one genuinely heartwarming without being overly maudlin episode, at least one truly amazing and hilarious episode, and the rest are sort of okay

What are some examples of "amazing and hilarious" episodes? Not doubting you I'm just curious.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PortalFreak posted:

What are some examples of "amazing and hilarious" episodes? Not doubting you I'm just curious.

"Halloween of Horror" (So far the only episode in it's massive run where the family just celebrates halloween like normal so don't get it confused with Treehouse episodes) has a ton of decent gags, a good emotional core and a music number that will stay with you in a good way

Meanwhile "Much Apu About Something" is full of easy jokes and references, but they are delivered so tactfully that you don't notice

And "A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again" might be on the long side of my 3-5 season estimate but I'd regret not recommending it. The episode goes in a lot of weird and bold directions but they make sense as a natural progression of the story

If you feel like skipping everything else, I won't blame ya :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I'm trying to remember episodes I have watched "recently" and wow it's a desert. All I can think of is watching the 24 parody and the Lego episode.

According to the Tapped Out game they had an ESPN/Stephen A Smith parody episode a little bit ago, good lord.

• Locked thread