Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Jeff golblum laying in the top box of your goldwing, shouting at you to go faster as a pack of aerostitch zombies rev up their klr's behind you and the sound of bellowing misogyny intensifies

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE MORE INSURRECTIONIST THAN THEY APPEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:drat: lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Retired.

Never ridden before.

Customized himself.

883 is for weak crying girls, 1200 for strong hairy men, naturally.

But know your limits, don't just get a dyna or something!

And, of course, the tank lift:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I love that the 883 isn’t manly enough when the 1200 makes like 65hp lol

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
that tank lift is atrocious, it makes the bike look hunchbacked and just exposes a bunch of ugly poo poo no one wants to see that the tank did a good job hiding

digging the found-at-a-flea-market look of the headlight, too

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Slavvy posted:

But know your limits, don't just get a dyna or something!

:catstare:

There are better ways to lower a rear suspension.

e: wait, does it no longer pivot at all on the lower eyelet and this is effectively hardtailed? :psyduck:

Gorson fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 14, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

See that hex screw right above the axle? That's where the shock is supposed to go. That + an eye hole that goes over the chain adjuster thread are the only attachment points. It is not a hard tail, that's probably an optical illusion, however at full extension the bracket touches the shock body and is busy pounding a little hole there. When I took the shock off I noticed it's also splayed outward to try to minimize this, I also noticed the bracket flexes like mad when you undo the bolts so it might not be strong enough, very concerning.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Yeah I could tell from the first pic the shock angle was off, then saw the bracket. That's going to break after x number of potholes.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Why do so many of these people insist on ruining a perfectly good bike for aesthetics by not enquiring if their idiotic modifications would have a negative impact on structural integrity?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Steakandchips posted:

Why do so many of these people insist on ruining a perfectly good bike for aesthetics by not enquiring if their idiotic modifications would have a negative impact on structural integrity?

Looking cool > actually enjoying the experience

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This is the last thing you see before you die

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wanted bacon for my last meal, got this instead

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fake. I’ve never seen a motorcycle cop that could navigate a turn with any kind of lean or without squaring the corner off

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Is that the new Jeremy Dewitte enterprise or why are they all yellow?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/new-aprilia-tuareg-660.1411720/page-205#post-45356841

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
So this is happening. I really think of all the Chinese brands CF Moto are on par with anything from Japan and Europe.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/599814/cfmoto-700clx-adv-debut/

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I really think of all the Chinese brands CF Moto are on par with anything from Japan and Europe.

Remember when the Korean auto manufacturers entered the US market and their cars were cheap but they completely sucked rear end? Then, over time the product got better and more stylish, there started to be some overlap between cheap Japanese cars (e.g. Ghosn-era Nissan) and the better stuff in the Korean lineups, but for the most part a Honda or Toyota was still built far better and was more reliable?

Same deal happening here.

Side note, CF Moto and KTM are partnered up, read from that whatever you will

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

yeah they use the LC8c in their bikes. pretty sure that’s the only engine they’ve licensed but I could be wrong

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

So this is happening. I really think of all the Chinese brands CF Moto are on par with anything from Japan and Europe.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/599814/cfmoto-700clx-adv-debut/

Don't get carried away. They have improved greatly but they are not on a par with Japanese or the better European bikes just yet.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
They'd better improved greatly, last time they tried here was with the 650NK, it had very few redeeming qualities. That was nine years ago, so at this pace, they might be acceptable sometime around 2040.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They are currently at Hyosung level, so pretty bad in the grand scheme of things, but still actually meeting the threshold of being fit for purpose.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

right arm posted:

yeah they use the LC8c in their bikes. pretty sure that’s the only engine they’ve licensed but I could be wrong

They use the 790 motor in the their 800MT ADV bike too, and I think they have or are building a factory in China that will make bikes for both brands

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

They use the 790 motor in the their 800MT ADV bike too, and I think they have or are building a factory in China that will make bikes for both brands

ya I’ve heard this too but the VINs for the current 890/901s still pair to them being austrian-made for now

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe 390 quality will improve?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
I just realized I could have taken a job at KTM, bought a bike at employee discount and then moved on. But I don't even want a KTM, so it all works out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SEKCobra posted:

I just realized I could have taken a job at KTM, bought a bike at employee discount and then moved on. But I don't even want a KTM, so it all works out.

Their absolute highest paid, most talented employees get treated like absolute poo poo so I don't think you missed out on anything.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ready to race to LinkedIn.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

employees get treated like absolute poo poo

And this is different from 95% of the world how?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Russian Bear posted:

Ready to race to LinkedIn.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nidhg00670000 posted:

And this is different from 95% of the world how?

Idk ask Johann Zarco or Miguel Oliveira how they feel about it

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Idk ask Johann Zarco or Miguel Oliveira how they feel about it

Better than Mir and Rins?
:actually:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Suzuki's decision was garbage yeah, but it was also kind of an anomaly, ktm have treated all their riders bar binder like absolute poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

Just before this pic was taken there was a gorgeous busty young woman in a short dress and high heels sitting on this bike. I said “is it okay if I take a picture of that bike?”
She smiled seductively, stretched out one of her long tanned legs, thrust out her chest and replied “sure, go ahead, take a pic.”
I took a moment to catch my breath “uhhhh, just the bike, I was hoping you would get off of it”
“What? Why? Don’t you want me posing on this bike?”
“No, it’s for a motorcycle website that has strict rules about pictures of women.”
“Seriously? Men love pics of sexy women on motorcycles. Is it like a gay motorcycle website?
“No, I’d don’t think it’s a gay website. But when you put it that way it makes me wonder. They say they don’t want to objectify women.”
“Well loving objectify me! Why the hell do you think I am wearing this god drat uncomfortable underwire bra, these loving painful shoes and this dress that is so tight I can’t breathe?”
“Look, I am sorry about that, you really do look hot and honestly I am objectifying the hell out of you right now. But could you please just get off that bike?”

Her name was Jenny and she said to tell all of you to gently caress off.

Here’s the bike….

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m so confused. Is that from ADVRider? If so since when do they have rules about not objectifying women?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Believe it or not there are divisions among the dadvs and the quote above was from the traditionalists railing against the reformers

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Dead gay motorcycle website checking in

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Christ

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Sounds more like a really weird fanfic.

Xakura