Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I keep thinking of the goon a couple months ago who went to look at that FJR and it looked great in the ad, owner sounded encouraging, and showed up to find long neglected brakes and some other big safety thing. Was that Remy Marathe?

And yeah the fitness aspect of a fly n ride of more than a day's riding. This dude has no idea what your rear end and hips feel like after even 4 or 5 hours in the saddle if you're not used to it. On an unfamiliar bike. Plus the mental drain.

Yep that was me, and my next test ride was 2.5 hours to ride a ZRX that died on me like 2 miles into the test ride due to carb & electrical issues that I limped back to the dealership while the owner followed me in his car, stalling at every light. Tying back to the rex post last page, despite being a standard position the pegs were more aggressive than I was used to, so none of the above tell me flying to a mystery bike and riding it home is a good idea unless you've got lots of time and contingency plans ready to go.

I still wouldn't trust myself not to try it if my brain gets taken over again, bike fever is real.

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU