Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

I got halfway through that first page before I ragequit the thread. That forums is a real cesspool of insufferable weirdos that overthink everything and still get it all wrong.

Back when I had an MS3, I got to deal with all the idiots who insisted, in much the same way, that all abs and traction control on the car was bad. That their superior skillz were all they needed. Usually before understeering into a curb.

That’s real millennial, quitter talk. That’s the problem with kids these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
My experience with beta in particular, but also KTM and husky suggests that the engineers did not intend for you to use neutral. Thus a neutral light is not necessary because it is impossible to finddoes not exist.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Koruthaiolos posted:

If that were true then why does Ktm put neutral between so many gears?

They take all the neutrals from their dirt bikes and put them in their street bikes.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

Wow that was so much worse than I expected...

Im heartened that most if the thread is dogpiling him like the trash he is.

This is literally the only good thing about that thread. Jesus. :stare:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Sagebrush posted:

Steve McQueen rode husqvarnatriumphs and he got laid more than everyone on this board combined ever will

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Is that just seven pages of that dude talking to himself?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Pretty much. I haven't looked into the 450 megathread to see what prompted it yet.

I looked there when I was figuring out which 450 to get and it was like four reasonable people, a ton of Honda fanboys and a ton of KTM fanboys slapfighting so... seems like it would have been perfect for that dude?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elviscat posted:

I wanna clock that fuckin' revs at me.

I want "cross-plane R1 dopplering away" though, not "potato"

Only revs at 12 o clock.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Razzled posted:

yeah atleast throw up the 1290 if you're gonna talk dick swinging, lol

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ooh I also just remembered there is a “post pictures of your wife/gifriend” thread on advrider where they do just that, and then post thinly veiled replies about loving each other’s wives.

no way.

e: I mean, I guess there are dumber things on the internet but just why?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

They're middle aged men who buy bikes for willy waving reasons first and foremost. Everything flows from there.

It's not like they got a bike, went to the pub THEN got horny.

I’m still figuring it out, but somewhere here there’s a cat fishing scheme that ends up with me getting a shitload of R1200GSes.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

My brain automatically reads this kind of post in Mongo's voice.
[/quote]

Why would you do mongo dirty like this?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Why would you do mongo dirty like this?

Good point. Mongo was just misunderstood.

Take your pick of lunkheaded oafs from cartoon history, then. One that starts every sentence with "dduuuuhhh."

edit: lol I asked the poster to clarify what they meant by "it's an economic thing" and the whole thread got booted to Church, State, and Money, which is the forum where flaming and racism is encouraged.
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
Well done.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I was so confused until I realized what thread I was in.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Razzled posted:

i peruse a couple topical forums now on advrider and it's annoying when you get the Boomers Who Type Like This showing up to post dumb chud memes.

like this one dude in the FE501 thread who you can tell is just bursting at the seams to go on an anti-blm tirade at any given moment

That guy is the worst. That’s otherwise not a bad thread but yeah...

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
god damnit. What a piece of poo poo.

https://www.motominded.com/products/rally-moto-kit-v3-2014-21-ktm-hqv-350-501-cc?variant=32898533589053 look, this is a real rally kit.

garbage rally bike components posted:

Custom ABS delete kit - why? you can just turn it off.

New set of Tusk Dsport Adventure tires and Heavy duty tubes - this one is my very favorite. Even better than the 7k rally kit. 25k bike and then you're buying tusk ires. They're fine. Totally fine. But tusk is RMATV's house brand that you get because you want something that's fine. Not good, not bad, but fine. Real rally cosplay is mousses and real tires.

Modifications:
DynoJet Power Commander V $390 - why not a new ECU? Stupid.

DynoJet Autotune $270 - is this different? Again, just get a new ECU. They're like $700 and much better than this nonsense.

Rottweiler Intake System $350 - the gently caress is this?

Crankcase Breather Blanking Kit For Rottweiler Intake Kits $20 - for all your very deep water crossings?

Rottweiler Soft Bag $50 - soft bags on a HARDCORE rally bike?

Rottweiler Fueling Dongle $30 - this is the third fueling thing he has.

SAS and Canister Removal Kit $60 - to reduce weight. Obviously.

Arrow Aluminum Carbon Muffler $448 - this is actually fine.

Arrow link pipe $89 - also fine.

Arrow Spark Arrester $70 - a weird part of his parts where it's also fine.

BPR Riser Kit $400 - these are good. They are not $400 though. Also, pretty sure he means a BRP submount kit.

BPR 20mm Riser Kit $50 - a second riser kit? Also, it's BRP, not BPR.

Scotts Performance Damper Unit $350 - OK, but the full BRP riser kit with all the bells and whistles and a damper is like $600.

Trail Tech Voyager Pro $600 - this is not a replacement for a rally book. Interestingly, an old ipad mini with wireless is a replacement for a rally book.

Hammerhead Shift Lever $90 - eh, fine. unnecessary, but fine.

IMS Rally Pegs $200 - this is actually good.

190 F Thermo Fan Switch $40 - why? All that high revs slow sand work you're doing with your too heavy bike?

Husqvarna 701 Enduro LR Fan $120 - your bike comes with a fan.

PDM-60 $200 - these are good, but what extra electrics are you running that you need this? Nothing in the list.

R&G Stator Cover $87.00 - you get a new, stronger cover if you're planning on bashing on rocks not for going rallying for which you would want a nice new skid bash plate.

R&G Clutch Cover $96.00 - same. stupid.

R&G Racing Fender Eliminator $115.00 - is this not included in the aurora rally explorer kit?

Aurora Rally Explorer Kit $6700.00 - for SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS

ProTaper EVO CR High Bend $90.00 - this is fine, these are good bars.

ProTaper Pillow Top Grips $15.00 - I like these grips too.

KTM 690 Enduro front fender $30.00 - again, SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS and it doesn't come with a front fender? What was wrong with the old front fender?

Steg Pegz $187.00 - some folks love these for riding standing up and they're supposed to be good but they're definitely contrary to the whole seven grand on a rally kit

Kind of weird how he doesn't list the cost of the graphics...

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

LMAO thanks for breaking all that down. I'm astonished at how much he spent. I mean there are plenty of 10k+ groms but those guys are idiots too. To your points:

SAS and Canister Removal Kit $60 - to reduce weight. Obviously.

This is really stupid, because you can do that with a couple bucks at the hardware store, probably less. Everyone does it and it's the easiest thing in the world.

Rottweiler Intake System $350 - the gently caress is this?

Crankcase Breather Blanking Kit For Rottweiler Intake Kits $20 - for all your very deep water crossings?

All the rottweiler stuff cracks me up. That's what basic bitches with too much money just buy everything for. This is a pod intake, basically. When I modded my 690 I found the stock airbox with a high flow filter ran better and was plenty for a fully tuned setup. AND YOU CAN CROSS RIVERS STILL.

Edit: https://www.rottweilerperformance.com/rottweiler-intake-system-701-husky/ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for a short ram dust eating intake.

With his setup he has the blanking kit but his "rally" bike is going to be sucking up nothing but dust all day every day.

DynoJet Power Commander V $390 - why not a new ECU? Stupid.

DynoJet Autotune $270 - is this different? Again, just get a new ECU. They're like $700 and much better than this nonsense.

The autotune is for people who don't want to pay someone to tune their bike. The crazy part is if you have half a brain and a laptop you can flash a good map to this bike with a $25 cable with better results. Unless the 701 doesn't have a canbus plug? It's not like he went big bore or anything he doesn't need 700 in ecu+tune.

KTM 690 Enduro front fender $30.00 - again, SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS and it doesn't come with a front fender? What was wrong with the old front fender?

He probably just wanted to make sure he got a white fender.

Really, I sympathize with the urge to make it rain on the 690/701. Either you leave it stock and are happy, or you go down the rabbit hole because there is just so much you can and should fix about the bike. I would have been happier if I'd left it stock, but a few bucks here and there on the bike have good returns. BUT JESUS WEPT $6700 for a cosmetic kit.

The whole point of getting a KTM is it's already sorted from the factory with decent parts unless you are a racer who knows what they want.

edit edit Oh look, it's THE ENTIRE BIKE for less than he paid for his lovely kit. It's also got most of the important mods he made and some improvements PLUS A loving SUMO SET .

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-5014763646

You could get this bike plus a good soft bag system and still have money left over and you'd have a better rally bike.

https://moskomoto.com/products/reckless-80l

I didn't realize that about the intake. That's easily the single worst mod on his entire bike. RIP your motor.

And the stock fender is white! I've seen folks putting the lowered fender on bikes (although I'm skeptical if you're not a pro and changing it out for a higher/regular one for muddy days) but he's not even changing the height.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

A couple years ago I had a big bumper sticker for the loser of our gov election plus an "i voted" sticker on top on my helmet for a year afterwards. No fs given. That same "loser" is the reason our state turned the right color for the first time in decades recently, so I'm happy with this choice.

But that was before it was popular to run down or shoot blm supporters. It's kinda cowardly but yeesh IDK those fools are dangerous. I could be protected from all this with a blue line or other fascist marking, but I would never.

Not if he's been doing a bunch of trail riding in that time.

Ok, so the future is more expensive. I had a $20 dongle plug I used to trick the bike into thinking everything was ok. That probably still works. Really sucks that you can't flash the ECU now, as that was one of the few perks of the bike where it saved you money. Especially because you have to tune the drat thing to get rid of the poor fueling (which is probably better now).

https://aomc.mx/AMP-701SM-17.html

I think it's not really done as much on the 690/701's because they don't need it but I think most folks get either a jd jetting tuner or a vortex/get ECU for the 450/500s. Less on the 350s I think, which is interesting.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

asked of another poster, who is a resident of Malaysia. And not as a good natured jab.

There's always so much to unpack in even the shortest quotes. :smithicide:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

:suspense:

I looked this up and nobody has explained why they spend so much time and effort with their hands down each other's leather pants.

The real answer is because everyone is oiled up you can't grip anything so this is basically the alternative to any kind of grabbing that isn't basically a hook. Instead of grabbing someone around the leg, you put your arm down their pants. Either way you're trying to control the leg.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Strife posted:

I assume it's more likely that the stickers are made by people who have a narrow grasp of English, since a lot of them almost make sense.

TURN THE GAS ON, DUMMY!

I just assumed this one was about petcocks because i've been an idiot and not done this. But... given the others it seems like you're probably right.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

In a thread about internal combustion engines being phased out in California. For context, this is Colorado, where we have a gay governor.

I mean, hopefully? Being governor is a difficult job and it’s important to carve out quality time with your significant other.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Signature on a post. Yeah they sign their posts. He must be a pretty badass dude the way he nonchalantly capped his epic list with "that about covers it." He's the kind of guy who will be ready to go when the boogaloo starts. A leader of men.

Who the gently caress has dogs thinks they're important enough to put them on the list and then puts them seventh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Idk ask Johann Zarco or Miguel Oliveira how they feel about it

Better than Mir and Rins?
:actually: