Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Also, Random Capitalization which Seems to be an Old Man Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I've ranted about it before, but ADVRider is just chock full of petulant manchildren who storm into any remotely related thread about wives, bikes, and money, loudly proclaiming that they don't need their wife's permission to buy whatever they want and and their bitch of an ex-wife understands that now. There's always a handful in those threads who say "hey, it's probably a really good idea to discuss the purchase of expensive dangerous toys in a thoughtful way with your life partner and not permanently turn your favorite hobby into a resentful battle," but those guys never get much attention.

I've always checked in with my wife about bike purchases and even sales and trades, even though I was riding before we were together. Every time things look like they might get financially tight, or when she got pregnant, I've offered to get rid of all the bikes and put the hobby aside as long as necessary. When our daughter was born, I parked the bike on the tender for nearly a year and didn't even touch it till we were on a sort of normal sleep schedule again. If I want to go for a ride that's not a commute, I always ask if she minds if I'm gone for a few hours. And to this day, we've never once had even a small disagreement over them because I make sure she knows our relationship is more important than my money pit of a hobby.

I, as a young man, wasn't corrupted by 4chan, but by ADVRider and guys complaining Their Wife Made Them Get Rid Of Their Bike. When I first met my girlfriend I made it clear that I'd never get rid of my bike, never stop riding even if we had kids, she'd never get a say in my bike buying habits, etc, all because from reading ADVRider I figured it'd be a huge problem in the future otherwise.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
500 mile oil changes

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

There is standalone aftermarket ECUs that fit the 701 but they aren't as common as the power commander. The stock ECU hasn't been flashable for years.
SAS/Canister removal requires dongles to fool the engine so it doesn't throw up an check engine light OR the race kit tune it's not available for all bikes/countries.
The PCV blanking kit is just an external filter instead of routing it through the airbox, however still seems dumb to me, at least use a catch can.

And yeah Rottweiler always struck me as overpriced junk, unfortunately no matter what bike you have it's difficult to find out 100% factual information about what performance mods actually work and are reliable.