Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i wanna see a video of this guy apparently losing control from the reckless, dangerous move of taking one hand off the bars for a few seconds

e: also what the gently caress kind of advrider is he anyway if he doesn't even have a fuel gauge. jeez

Probably a klr rider. milk crate tank bag restricts access to the petcock.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Had a 2007 klr. Killed it. One less in this world.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

That's a lot of bike lets take a loo..

LMAO loving delivers. Low information voter blowing more money than they have skills, now wanting others to bail them out of their stupid decisions. Good going, gently caress you chud, and gently caress your tacky chelsea tractor.

Buy a honda 250 rally, 300 or ptwin 500 it. Throw whatever suspension you'd like at it, and even if you did all this brand loving new, you'd still be under 10k for a lightish highway capable dualsport bike, with 8k oil and 16k valves.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

LMAO thanks for breaking all that down. I'm astonished at how much he spent. I mean there are plenty of 10k+ groms but those guys are idiots too. To your points:

SAS and Canister Removal Kit $60 - to reduce weight. Obviously.

This is really stupid, because you can do that with a couple bucks at the hardware store, probably less. Everyone does it and it's the easiest thing in the world.

Rottweiler Intake System $350 - the gently caress is this?

Crankcase Breather Blanking Kit For Rottweiler Intake Kits $20 - for all your very deep water crossings?

All the rottweiler stuff cracks me up. That's what basic bitches with too much money just buy everything for. This is a pod intake, basically. When I modded my 690 I found the stock airbox with a high flow filter ran better and was plenty for a fully tuned setup. AND YOU CAN CROSS RIVERS STILL.

Edit: https://www.rottweilerperformance.com/rottweiler-intake-system-701-husky/ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for a short ram dust eating intake.

Lol that's the same filter they sell to the 950/990 lc8 crowd. There's no way to modify the filter to not pass dust. Consider it a $350 sure fire engine killer. Just..Ignore Rottweiler and buy poo poo off wish or something. You'll be better ahead. It's a hilariously bad filter that they rebrand from ITG.
You can make SAS blockoff plates with an old piece of server case but no old men at starbucks will hit on you.
Blanking kit for the pcv? So that it can make an already leaky engine piss even more from crankecase pressure changes? Splendid. At least put $5 of thought into it and use an old honda XR oil separator or something then pipe the the runoff to lube your chain like some lazy rear end klr owner.

Dude had a serious case of farkle A.D.D. while pounding his wallet like its his cockwife when dildo should have had a bad case of "What ride am i doing next A.D.D."

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Make less torque AND kill the engine? Sign me up!

This cure for ktm engine reliability they don't want you to khahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oceanlife posted:

I think we all would.

Nope.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Sincerely: gently caress the police. I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it was a guaranteed get out of tickets card.

This. It doesn't even require thought. Not no, Hell No.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Thin blue line is gross. My honest answer is that I'm not brave enough to have my personal property display any politics because I don't want to get randomly targeted by an extremist someday. So no presidential bumper bumper sticker, no BLM sticker on my laptop, etc.

Also yeah, gently caress displaying any political affiliation. Bad enough that wearing a mask has been politicized.
I had a 'giant meteor' political sticker on the truck around 2016 but peeled it off during a repaint. I have another though I'm not going to put one on.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Especially now that Trump lost and there are a ton of angry chuds out there who are already looking for someone to gently caress with. We already get cut off, brake checked, and coal rolled just for being in traffic on a motorcycle near them, having a BLM/Antifa/otherwise lefty sticker visible anywhere might be all it takes for a smoothbrained thin blue line boot licking operator to just flick a bumper into you without spilling his monster energy

It was like this going into more conservative areas prior to covid/this election. The difference now is their hatred is turned up to 11 instead of 10.5. Be situationally aware, and as always, don't feed the trolls. If someone attempts engagement, nope. Don't follow politics, sorry.

I was in a rando bar in a rando shithole town in rural NV July of 2019. Patrons were openly talking about executing democrat votors, their politicians, and anybody that didn't share their own views. It was quite a conversation to overhear. I was there looking at some acreage and to invest in the local economy. Nope, gently caress em.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m pretty sure there isn’t a bikes and husbands thread

:thunk:

poo poo up the forum Manigale style

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

Would you rather these warrior types walk the street with no outlet for their energy? Some men are born pure warriors, they don't feel physical pain like the average person. Boxing and MMA give them a controlled and disciplined environment to vent that energy and not take it out on the general public.

Wanna hear this dildo explain Turkish oil wrestling. :allears:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

Ahhh. Another closet (for safety)conservative

lol.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They aren’t gay (I mean, statistically speaking, some are, but), they just want a wife who doesn’t speak unless spoken to

which what dude would want to put up with that toxic poo poo?

Someone try to treat me like that I'm feeding them the blunt end of a fist.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Even more broke brain is that a GSA runs a 19" front, not a 21".

They're also such numb loving bikes in that they just iron out whatever the terrain is transmitting into them. It uses literal iron to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

I posted in the thread with an offer to meet up, we'll see what happens. Not gonna lie, that thread and his other posts aren't giving the best vibes

I've done a couple of long-ish distance fly and rides that crammed 8+ hours of slab into a single day, including one where I got stuck in a rain storm for a couple of hours with gear that turned out to not be waterproof. You're spot on - unless you're used to rides like that and are prepared mentally and gear-wise, it is absolutely miserable, and even if you are you're still going to be stiff and sore when you get to your destination and likely won't want a drat thing to do with the bike for a few days.

agreed. I did one, the ktm, actually bought it from an inmate on advrider. it was like my 9th bike, not my first. It was fun, but definitely shitshow adjacent with a 13 year old Austrian bike and questionable service history.

You really need to go in prepared. Prepared for the absolute worst. Not just bullshit with whatever new to you unproven bike, but also whatever gear your have, the given weather over the expanse of unknown you plan to ride, and plan the equipment to carry on board your bike, for whenever the unexpected happened. Then fitness. Nobody accustomed to three plus wheel life is gonna be used to riding 8+hr days on two wheels. No new person is going to have enough background experience to have their poo poo together for this sort of thing.

This guy fresh outta msf class suggesting a many thousand mile trip to the rockies? hahahahahaaa.
Lmao on page two of watching youtubes thinking they're ready for semester finals.