Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha, this loving guy from that thread:

quote:

I've never been a fan of ABS on either bikes or cars. A couple times when driving a company truck (E350) and having to stand on the brakes to avoid some dimwit in traffic, the drat things activated on dry pavement. Stopping? What's that? You'd better be good at swerving. Pretty sure I could have stopped that van faster without it, as it never came near to locking up and the brakes turned to pulsating mush. One of my bikes has ABS and it has never activated or given me any trouble, other than being a pain in the rear end at brake bleeding time. Have had the front tire begin to howl a couple times while on the brakes hard, without activating. I suppose it's all in the calibration/setup? "Please, mother, I'd rather do it myself!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've left my bike in the wrong gear at high speeds for embarrassingly long periods of time because it was hard to hear engine with ear plugs and all of the wind noise and I just didn't pay attention to my RPMs.

"Hmm, why's my gas mileage so poo poo? oh"

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2z5S2INM8

That took me literally 5 seconds to find on YouTube. "Never see whites doing this!"