Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Today we honor something by pissing all over it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

If you banned the shitheads, the whole forum would just stop.
And a lot of the shitheads donate :10bux:, too, so I don't think a paywall would help. I'd pay even though I hate it a lot of the time.

If you banned the shitheads the 1st amendment and cancel culture screeching would effectively implode the entire forums.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I felt a whoosh of 1991 just reading that word.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://advrider.com/why-there-are-so-few-women-riders/

This article seems to hypothesize:

1) Women are human beings
2) Like the same things as men

Based on the comments below it I remain unconvinced.

:hmmyes:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Greg12 posted:

"why do women keep saying they don't feel welcome in motorcycling?!"

:iiam:

Norton made a rotary motorcycle? Must have been a pinnacle of reliability.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They made several. The F1 is the one everyone remembers because it was the homologation special for the TT and BSB-winning RCW, but there was also the Classic, which was their first one (started off with a licence-built Suzuki engine but massively tweaked), then their own twin-rotor design in the Commander (a sports-tourer) and the Interpol (a Commander with bigger built-in storage and 24V electrics for police and military use).

Funnily enough they weren't actually as catastrophically bad as "Wankel-engined British bike" would make you believe, but by the time the water-cooled engine made it to production (which fixed most of the biggest problems with the air-cooled originals) the Fireblade had come out and it might as well have been steam-driven.

Thanks for the info. "the Interpol" is an incredible name for a bike, but only if it came in a civilian version.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

They seem overall very unhappy about the quality of their meal.

"What would Gemma do?" is a reference to Sons of Anarchy lol.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Slavvy posted:

But know your limits, don't just get a dyna or something!

:catstare:

There are better ways to lower a rear suspension.

e: wait, does it no longer pivot at all on the lower eyelet and this is effectively hardtailed? :psyduck:

Gorson fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Yeah I could tell from the first pic the shock angle was off, then saw the bracket. That's going to break after x number of potholes.