Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

In 30 years the neo-cyber-hipsters will be telling each other how much better 180 crank twins are than those plebian 270s that every classic bike has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

might be a sad story if it was something besides a BMW

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Eight dollars a mile

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Slavvy posted:

Sincerely: gently caress the police. I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it was a guaranteed get out of tickets card.

:emptyquote:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Their T-shirts are listed by default in order of 2XL, 3XL, L, M XL

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

quote:

I almost bought a really well-kept [first gen GSX-R with less than 10k miles about 3 years ago. I think it is the only bike purchase that I regret not making. Of course, that's because I bought all the rest :lol3

But I do regret not getting that bike. It was one of the first plastic-clad "superbikes" I saw as a kid.

Whatever comes along, I'll always think of that first GSXR when I think of speed, doing dumb poo poo, and edible panties (which is almost any, if you have a strong digestive tract).

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

quote:

Ok help me out here folks, twice I've lusted after some sweet naked rides only to be let down after a demo.

I currently ride a sweet '07 GSA with an Akropovic can and TRX suspension front and rear. Just love it to bits, but want to add a little zing to the stable as a second bike (gently used, I never buy new).

This past summer I rode:
Kawasaki ZRX1200
Ducati Monster S4RS

Both of these bikes I researched and read up extensively - I was so pumped to ride these classics. Cash in hand off I went to some prime specimens. After 5 mins on each, I turned around and brought it back to the owner. Why? Riding position for one. I don't have endless curves around me, closest thing to that are the on-off ramps to the freeway. Needlesstosay that comfort is rather critical. Not sofa comfort, but my wrists need to maintain feeling and not go numb after 15 mins.

In both cases, that 17" front wheel seemed downright scary at first. It was like the bikes read my mind when I wanted to initiate a turn, which was really weird. Just not used to how responsive that geometry is.

I was downright depressed after riding the Ducati. What a gorgeous machine.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Slavvy posted:

How devastatingly old and useless do you have to be to think a zrx, the closest thing to a two wheeled diesel locomotive, has a sporty riding position or nervous handling?

This is your brain on BMWs

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

This is the last thing you see before you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

quote:

drat fine looking bike there, even a big boned girl looks sexy in basic black.

even gold wings make them horny :psyduck: