Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
So how many people on ADVRider actually, you know, adventure ride?

I went to a used motorcycle superstore thing and saw quite a few R1200GS-es and a Super Tenere with all the hard bags a man could ever need and an odometer reading lower than midlife-crisis-special Harleys. Something tells me that there are R1s out there that have seen more dirt than some ADV bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Dumb boomer memes are dumb and all, but the “trophy or recognition plaque” is especially confounding because Harley-Davidson literally operates stores full of branded junk (my favorite garbage being the Harley wall clock which revs at you on the hour, something I’ve literally seen hanging in a guy’s office) and no motorcycles.

Also don’t pretend the Aerostitch-and-Schuberth combo is anything but a GSA rider badge. :colbert:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
If you own a Ducati, you can send the vin to Italy and get your official Ducati Owner’s Card. I flashed that bitch at bars and got to the front of the line. :c00l:

Then I was promptly laughed at and kicked out for being poor because it was a used Monster.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh man, now that I own an old Goldwing and need to look up how to do things I am running into a poo poo ton of advrider-adjacent poo poo on Goldwing forums.

Reading through Goldwing forums has to be the most painful thing ever. Nothing but scores of old guys all shrieking that they’ve been doing “x” for “y” many years and everyone else is full of poo poo.

When I go to hell, Satan’s probably going to give me a choice between modding a forum for old people or NextDoor.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Knowing a bitcoiner he’ll show up with a Vespa knock-off and will spend half the date stating how intelligent he is to save money by snagging a “VESPR” instead.