Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

drat that rocks!

Glad that guy tried to set the record straight.

must be super cool feeling to ride cast iron pre war trash and then finally get your hands on a low end honda with all its amazing aluminum alloy tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lol a strom uses lovely damping rod forks. that guy didnt feel poo poo other than terrified.

probably had the oem tire from 2008 on it to boot.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lol @ the idea that anything smaller than a 21” dual sport rim/tire being “scary”

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

actually i would love that guys review of a sumo bike with a 17” rim and tire. my take is he would be seriously confused

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

i guess we will never know but i get weirded out if i ride a street bike with the 65 series profile tire in the front. feels like it takes a lot of effort to get the bike to turn.

vs. the 70 series profile fronts that are more triangular shaped. those take a gentle push of the bars to get the bike leaned over. feels real good after having ridden them so much

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

I can ride a bike plenty good. but then spending an entire day or multiple days in a row in a bike is an entirely different thing.

and oh boy if you happen to try it with gloves or any other kind of gear thats even the slightest bit uncomfortable. what’s tolerable for 20-30 minutes will make you wanna die after eight hours in the saddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

meanwhile. the forks have so much positive rake the bike practically drives itself.