Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe this means Travis Benjamin can go back to being a #3 WR, or #2 once Keenan Allen gets hurt again.

Williams, Allen, Benjamin, Tyrell Williams, Dontrelle Inman, Hunter Henry, Melvin Gordon, and the corpse of Antonio Gates are some nice weapons if Rivers can get the ball to them.

I am excited to see how it blows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bacon Taco posted:

I for one approve of anyone named Taco.

I'm sad the League is not around they could have had a whole season arc of Taco thinking he got drafted and going to training camp

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

C-Euro posted:

I remember a Sprint commercial mentioning Twitter in like 2009-10.

I've seen Twitter accounts that were registered in 07 :stare:

Mine was registered in January '09 and I was already in my 30s then.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
At first I was so psyched when Jonathan Allen dropped to the Redskins

then everyone started lolling about his shoulders and his bad looking body and I felt like "welp, Dan Snyder Redskins messed up again, nothing ever changes"

so I went back to check out his highlight reel to try and feel better

and now :fap:

gently caress combines this guy just destroys people

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gatts posted:

It's so eandearingly simple, human and true as being a man that i approve of the Bears drafting him as a QB. Like what's to argue against kissing titties. There is no argument.

Plus, that Tweet is from 2011, which would make him what, 16 at the oldest when he publicly said he likes to kiss titties?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He might have said that after literally kissing his first pair!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Brave enough to say on Twitter what we all thought on such a momentous occasion

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a young Mitchell Trubisky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HG4lmvJLUw

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i'm pretty mixed about Minnesota's first round selection, Oklahoma Quarterback Sam Bradford

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If we draft a receiver I'm going to lose my mind

Because then it likely means... no Parker or Landry.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I live in the same area as UNC and I heard practically no hype about Trubisky until after the season. I've never seen him be that impressive. And I'm supposed to believe that's a better stopgap for the Bears than just keeping Jay Cutler?

Yeah, no.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Gonna be a pretty boring night for me with the Browns only having 1 pick per round, this kind of thing never happens!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There's sure a lot of chatting about not Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson going on right now. Let me change that

Corey and Adoree rhymes and that makes me very happy also they will be good

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Michael Corleone posted:

Gonna be a pretty boring night for me with the Browns only having 1 pick per round, this kind of thing never happens!

So what we gonna do today?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

There's sure a lot of chatting about not Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson going on right now. Let me change that

Corey and Adoree rhymes and that makes me very happy also they will be good

I keep loving up in my head and calling Adoree "Desiree," which is a lingerie store, and I should probably stop.

Finally caught some footage. Guy sure returns fast!

I'm happy with these picks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

I live in the same area as UNC and I heard practically no hype about Trubisky until after the season. I've never seen him be that impressive. And I'm supposed to believe that's a better stopgap for the Bears than just keeping Jay Cutler?

Yeah, no.

That's one of my biggest draft metrics: percentage of hype that came during a time football was actually played.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

I keep loving up in my head and calling Adoree "Desiree," which is a lingerie store, and I should probably stop.

He's our new pacman and he's going to own

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

fsif posted:

That's one of my biggest draft metrics: percentage of hype that came during a time football was actually played.

Exactly. For instance, Johnny Manziel is a sure thing, so my metric works.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gatts posted:

So what we gonna do today?

Eh, I don't want a QB because none of them are worth it and they won't even play this year and then we can draft one of the top QB's next year. Plus I like Kessler.

Needs:
FS
CB
3T
RB

Wouldn't mind trying to get a third pick today, but that would be hard without trading one of our 2's which are locked in storage for "The Big Trade Up" next year.

Also, I think we should sign more FA's because we aren't getting any comp picks after who we signed, stock up this year, and sit next FA out, but actually we can just sign them next year too unless we don't re-up Kirksey because he is the only pending FA to get us a comp, so forget this.

Thanks for reading!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm looking at the draft order for tonight and it says KC still has 2 3rd round picks? Didn't we trade one away yesterday to the Bills, or did we have 3 3rd round picks to start with?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm looking at the draft order for tonight and it says KC still has 2 3rd round picks? Didn't we trade one away yesterday to the Bills, or did we have 3 3rd round picks to start with?

What you're looking at is wrong.

We have 2.27 and 3.40 left. We traded 3.27.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

Our CB2 at the moment is Perrish loving Cox. Assuming King will be available later is kinda playing with fire.

With all the O-linemen falling, there should be no shortage of options in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Just take King at 34 and stop overthinking your high picks for once.

Your logic is completely backwards. There are only 2 good OL prospects left. The draft has many good DB prospects left. Grab the best OL and then fill out DBs later in the draft. Especially so for Seattle who is better at finding middle round DBs than most teams.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I dunno. There's Lamp, Morton, Robinson and then a whole lot of nothing as far as o-line is concerned. For CB you have Tabor, King, Desmond King, Jones, Wilson, Moreau and a host of day 3 guys that should be able to compete for starting positions. This draft is obscenely loaded at corner and it makes me feel a little crappy that my team took a high upside project in the middle 1st.

Yeah.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 28, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

If we draft a receiver I'm going to lose my mind

Because then it likely means... no Parker or Landry.
No chance that Kupp falls to the third, and they'll probably go lb/db in the second

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Carolina could have gotten someones 1 rounder next year and white running back would have still been there this year, ha. Oh well congrats to Patriots for the 24th best grade on day one.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is there any chance of Cooper Kupp or Chris Godwin falling to the Ravens on 2nd round?

I have to assume they'd both be there, but I doubt that's how Baltimore goes. JuJu and Zay are possibly ranked higher as WRs, not to mention a host of o-linemen, pass rushers, and possibly Zach Cuningham. The WR class is deep in the middle so I'd probably rather wait for round 3 and see who's left standing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

:sigh:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, it was weird that Adoree was only good at the combine, since he is world class Track and Field athlete, and was extremely close to qualifying for the Rio olympics

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Loving watching this Watson highlight video and seeing him consistently underthrow Williams who adjusts and outjumps multiple defenders to pull it down in traffic

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yup, Williams/Watson seem to have a real Evans/Manziel thing going on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I hope so

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

Eh, I don't want a QB because none of them are worth it and they won't even play this year and then we can draft one of the top QB's next year. Plus I like Kessler.

Needs:
FS
CB
3T
RB

Wouldn't mind trying to get a third pick today, but that would be hard without trading one of our 2's which are locked in storage for "The Big Trade Up" next year.

Also, I think we should sign more FA's because we aren't getting any comp picks after who we signed, stock up this year, and sit next FA out, but actually we can just sign them next year too unless we don't re-up Kirksey because he is the only pending FA to get us a comp, so forget this.

Thanks for reading!

RB is not a need.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

Loving watching this Watson highlight video and seeing him consistently underthrow Williams who adjusts and outjumps multiple defenders to pull it down in traffic

So, business as usual for Nuk.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

So, business as usual for Nuk.

The ball will be in catchable range now!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Titans should have picked OJ Howard to go along with Corey Davis to make things more fun.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watson is clearly better than JFF (he's at least making good reads and leading his receivers instead of chucking up jump balls after spinning out of 15 tackles) but man all these underthrows are discouraging

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Flikken posted:

RB is not a need.

Crow hasn't signed his tender and might not be back after next year. Mixon would be nice or the Texas RB Foreman that is big and fast.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Every year it is an escalating attempt by Roger to not get booed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

midwat posted:

Every year it is an escalating attempt by Roger to not get booed

eventually he's just going to hold a gun to someone's head on stage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

eventually he's just going to hold a gun to someone's head on stage.

Hopefully his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is with a heavy heart i must announce that mitch trubitsky needs weapons

• Locked thread