Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna see more Frederick Wiseman docs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw this movie last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGDW7cn2QkU

And it was pretty cool. The film was structured around capturing the mundanity of the lives of the divers despite their extraordinary work, but honestly all the best parts of the film were the underwater scenes, I wish I could have seen more footage of the women just swimming around through rock formations. Underwater footage is always endlessly relaxing...There also great stuff with some children in this; they are usually pretty good subjects for the fly-on-the-wall documentary style because they don't even have the capacity or understanding to care about being filmed and won't change their personality in front of a lens. Just unadulterated emotional response 24/7. Being a child and a parent must be exhausting as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Anything by Adam Curtis or Herzog is gold for me

Joshua Oppenheimer joining this tier as well IMO, Act of Killing and Look of Silence are some truly powerful films and experiences

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

visitors is neat. It says in the credits that they filmed the moon scenes on the actual moon but I could never find any more details about that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Let the Fire Burn about the Philadelphia P.D. bombing the MOVE headquarters is a personal favorite. It'll probably depress the hell out of you though. There's only like one decent human being in the whole thing not including the children.

I'm more into nature documentaries myself. If you've never somehow never seen Attenborough's series you should probably change that. Getting stoned as hell and watching through them all is probably the closest thing I have to religion.

let the fire burn is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• Locked thread