Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qK05-cais

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Oppenheimer is the new golden boy. I spoke to him about a year ago and he is impossibly sincere, intelligent, and committed. Look of Silence is the best doc in many years.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Streetwise is my favorite doc ever.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
anybody else catch Risk? It was pretty good. Poitras is a pretty fascinating filmmaker. She's creatively gifted but she also happens to find herself positioned smack dab in the middle of history.

These deep web folks are fuckin' maniacs.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi, Baraka, and Samsara all rule. Visitors is also great.

Naqoyqatsi stinks.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Here's a very good movie you don't hear about much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGVT4BUG-w

I watched this in college and it ruined a lot of documentaries for me. "Well, sure, that was well made but did it totally reshape my perception on the issue through raw human connection?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

R. Guyovich posted:

joris ivens was a great talent, as is steve james. hoop dreams and the interrupters are both incredible. how yukong moved the mountains is long but it's probably the best documentary i've ever watched

joris ivens is probably the greatest and coolest docman who ever lived and it's a shame his movies aren't better known

where did you see how yukong moved the mountains?

• Locked thread