Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyst posted:

Lol if you go to those shows for any other reason than to get really good drugs

lmao

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Lol if you buy drugs at shows. You should know a bunch of different dealers from partying literally every weekend and buy your stuff in advance, in a setting where you can use a reagents test and a digital scale to make sure you're actually getting what you pay for.

Yeah.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Nah, you make sure your reliable dealer(s) is at the show and let them risk getting popped at the door or the airport or by a uc there

If your dealer is dumb enough to roll in with a fat sack of drugs for sale he's probably not very reliable but even so if he then gets popped you have no drugs and it's trivial to sneak small amounts for personal use past security.

Do as you will :shrug:

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish that deadmouse guy was still a mod. He might have something cool to say about what ever this thread is.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

COMRADES posted:

lmao

Yeah.

If your dealer is dumb enough to roll in with a fat sack of drugs for sale he's probably not very reliable but even so if he then gets popped you have no drugs and it's trivial to sneak small amounts for personal use past security.

Do as you will :shrug:

Good dealers pay off the door people/venue owners though :confused:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingexecutive posted:

Good dealers pay off the door people/venue owners though :confused:

That's cool and standard practice for a club but I'm pretty sure a big festival can't get away with that but I just do acid so I don't give a poo poo about dogs or not pissing my pants

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ups_rail posted:

I wish that deadmouse guy was still a mod. He might have something cool to say about what ever this thread is.

*robot voice* I'm gay

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

drowned in pussy juice posted:

That's cool and standard practice for a club but I'm pretty sure a big festival can't get away with that but I just do acid so I don't give a poo poo about dogs or not pissing my pants

yeah, worst that's gonna happen at 99% of clubs is you have to slip somebody a 20 or throw out your stash, but like gently caress if I'm gonna risk federal charges trying to get a weekend's worth of what have you past tsa

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This festival was so chaotic that even threads about it have devolved into wild animals tearing DJ's apart...

Can't wait till next year!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

what the gently caress happened to making fun of rich people getting an extra hour in the gravel pit

One Wristband Ja Rule them all, One wristband to find them,
One wristband to bring them all, and in the airport bind them.

also something something instagram models wringwraiths build your own joke out of this concept

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
So it seems that Fyre Festival is up to 6 lawsuits now, including one about the organizers trying to silence critics and making the refund process convoluted and deceptive.
http://uproxx.com/realtalk/fyre-festival-sued-social-media-critics/

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Ups_rail posted:

Doubtful

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

On Friday, Billy McFarland, the 25-year-old founder of the disastrous Fyre Festival, told his shell-shocked employees that their paychecks covering the past two weeks would not be coming. Nor would he be firing them, a prerequisite for unemployment benefits in most states. Instead, McFarland offered to allow his dozen-or-so employees to stay on in unpaid roles, where they could work to grow the business to a place where they might get paid again.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine
https://news.vice.com/story/audio-fyre-festival-founders-reveal-to-employees-nobodys-getting-paid

Vice managed to get the audio from the phone call, it's worth a listen to see how retarded these guys are;

quote:

“There will be no payroll in the short term”

quote:

"If people want to stay and help out then we're of course willing to do that"

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Hahaha, you forgot the best part:

quote:

Ominously, one employee said she heard another had been contacted by the FBI and wondered what she should do if she was called. “Should we be concerned about the FBI, Billy?” another asked.

“That’s really more of an individual thing,” McFarland said, before offered to connect anyone contacted by the FBI to Fyre Media’s lawyers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The brazenness is actually making me like billy more

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fruit on the bottom posted:

The brazenness is actually making me like billy more

The only brazenness I'd like is the construction of the bull we roast him in

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Billy is running that scam from Paper Moon but the bibles are endorsed by Instagram models and cost 5000 dollars

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The only brazenness I'd like is the construction of the bull we roast him in

Well yeah. but just because we're going to burn him alive doesn't mean I can't like the guy.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Autech posted:

https://news.vice.com/story/audio-fyre-festival-founders-reveal-to-employees-nobodys-getting-paid

Vice managed to get the audio from the phone call, it's worth a listen to see how retarded these guys are;

Haha this guy is the millennial Donald Trump, down to the obsession with branding and not paying his employees/contractors.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

OutOfPrint posted:

Haha this guy is the millennial Donald Trump, down to the obsession with branding and not paying his employees/contractors.

So are we looking at the 65th president of the United States here?

VeganEverestDeath
May 1, 2017

Scyantific posted:

So are we looking at the 65th president of the United States here?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

He's got the qualifications, no question. But I doubt his ability to survive the next 80+ years on the desert island where his employees are going to maroon him.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Vice President Tila Tequila's Head in a Jar

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Instead we got a reality show.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

and hey, exposure ++

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hope this becomes the next season of American crime story

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Guess who got arrested yesterday!

Fyre Festival Organizer Charged With Wire Fraud

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

lol wire fraud. He wasn't even smart enough to avoid the one major thing the Feds have been nailing rich people to the wall for over a century and every single young rich person probably had a serious conversation with their trust manager about.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine

This is great news.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I hope the charges against macfarlane are dropped so he can continue to scam trust fund millennials and idiotic investors who are too lazy to do a background check out of their not-hard-earned money

It won't happen but I can still dream

kalel fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 1, 2017

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

E: double post

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

quote:

He said Fyre Media had earned millions of dollars from thousands of bookings this year and last. But in reality, the complaint said, his company had taken in only $57,443.

And in one communication with an investor, Mr. McFarland supplied a Scottrade statement that he had altered to inflate his ownership of a particular company’s stock. According to the complaint, the fake document showed that Mr. McFarland owned $2.5 million in shares, when in reality his position was worth $1,500.

Cool

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol that he's in trouble for fleecing rich investors and not the attendies who while not poors may just have been very affluent rather than megarich.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

lol that he's in trouble for fleecing rich investors and not the attendies who while not poors may just have been very affluent rather than megarich.

This seems a lot easier to prove since he altered financial statements ha

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo they really did it... they became legendary

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I hope the Australian government now realises that there's money to be made repurposing closed refugee detention centres as music festival venues.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Lolie posted:

I hope the Australian government now realises that there's money to be made repurposing closed refugee detention centres as music festival venues.

Thanks for reminding me that our government still runs concentration camps

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
bless this wonderful thread :)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bargearse posted:

Thanks for reminding me that our government still runs concentration camps

Don't you guys also have anti-speech laws criminalizing discussion of said camps? lol

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's hilarious that as soon as you do anything to gently caress with rich people the hammer drops brutally but lol scam poor people for years and years and years and nothing happens to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

aw, no fyre festival next year :(

• Locked thread