Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

big nipples big life posted:

Bookmarking a kickstarter trainwreck thread.

Maximum lols if you gave these people money.

$750K and rising of money that fools deserve to be parted from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Wait what the gently caress?

As a connoisseur of MMOs you should be familiar with the concept of "spaghetti code" at this point.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

-They have 0 coders
-only artists and idea people
-everyone on board is underqualified by a huge amount
-a pyramid scheme referral system where you make LESS money if all your referrals recruit people
-The CEO used to run a MLM and has no background in video games

And they're promising to revolutionize the absolutely hardest to make type of video game of all time.

This is a group of people who saw Star Citizen and realized there is absolutely no accountability and they can get away with selling dreams and images of things for an elaborate fantasy for YEARS.

This is such a blatant con that I find myself wondering if we should investigate it for ties with Russia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Space Bat posted:

A procedurally generated MMO with perma-death and dark souls style combat with open PVP with Dwarf Fortress emergent gameplay with VR support. Turn based combat system job class system free exploration level up free choices perks mobile indie zombie action adventure deep plot dynamic romance retro graphics pixel Warren Spector John Romero and all your favorite old pc developers show up for a huge party permadeath risk vs reward mmo moba sidescroller anime inspired featuring dante from the devil may cry series

Wow where can I crowdfund this amazing game????

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

2DCAT posted:

Everything about this scam makes me very, very glad.

Blazing Zero posted:

mmo gamers deserve it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Phi230 posted:

anybody say Asses of Creation yet

Mods, you know what you have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sarsapariller posted:

So I guess if you generate enough money the ethics rules don't apply to your project?

This has been Kickstarter's attitude since forever.