Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
New World hasn't even announced anything, amazon just said "it's gonna be a game, probably with some survival and massive mutliplayer poo poo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Tired: muhmorpuhgers
Wired: ummguh

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Bdo has a task bar mode though.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
idk man I think spellbreak is a better version of whatever the hell this is

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Elblanco posted:

I only recently remembered this game existed after seeing Josh Strife Hayes' video about not over hyping the game. I looked at some videos and it looks really good, I'll probably check it out in beta in a year or 2.

I have one big question though, I didn't watch the whole video to find an answer, but have the devs stated why they think a 60 man raid boss is ok in 2021? They know that kind of poo poo is why wildstar tanked right?

40 man raiding outlived 25 man raiding in wildstar so I'm not sure I agree it is what killed wildstar.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Word on the street is that juice guy went on one power trip too many

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Ffycchi posted:

Edit 2: new lazypeon video

https://youtu.be/tMTCICnb7-M

"But first, a quick reminder that on the 5th of June at 1pm UTC, my six animated NFTs will be up for auction on the world token marketplace."

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
FFXIV has some cool social stuff, in contrast to wow which has just fully embraced the idea that leveling and end game are two entirely different products & one of them is meant to be played alone. But also the FFXIV leveling experience loving sucks and the idea that FFXIV being mediocre is some kind of disqualifying opinion is ridiculous.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

If you really wanna go down that road, I said I spend about $1000 a year on Path of Exile - I donated $10,000 to Games For Love last month. How about you? Am I not allowed to spend any of my own money on myself for things that make me happy?

lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know nothing about this game, it's history or anything beside that it's a MMO, but based on the video they are trying to hastily slap some default assets together for a narrow corridor for a video to try and scam more money and time out of people for a game that won't come out.

Last I heard they hired a metric ton of actual real game developers and it was all fresh assets, but the guy who ran it was a psycho so they had a hard time holding onto people. Reminds me a lot of the curt schilling thing.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Thirdhand gossip: apparently the company was, for a time, pretty decent. Pay was good, the juice scammer had managed to hire a lot of good people, he had more than enough money from his scams and wasn't being ridiculous with it like curt schilling so they had just years and years of runway.

People are leaving because the juice guy is too much of a psycho to be a game industry executive. They just don't like working for him. Also he fired a pretty key netcode engineer like 6-12 mo ago in a fit of pique and things have been having problems since. Netcode engineers are, for whatever reason, loving unicorns that everybody needs and nobody can find. Pretty important for an MMO.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Hra Mormo posted:

I did not think such a thing possible.

I think in the game industry, bosses can be cruel, they can create a lot of unnecessary chaos, and they can have no idea what the gently caress they're doing. You only have problems when you try to do all three at the same time.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Before that he was an MLM scammer so you might say he's been making mmos his whole career. Juice mmos

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Massively marketed orange refreshing potable grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The bottom line is that interesting MMOs can't coexist with a standard AAA 3d asset pipeline. I think evercraft or whatever it's called doing minecraft graphics is a pretty good way to solve the problem, wonder how that will turn out.