Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Reverand maynard posted:

Because we went from Ultima, Everquest, Eve, Lineage, FFXI, DAoC, World of Warcraft type games to lovely kickstarter MMOs who are staffed completely by artists and PR and lacking any actual programming talent. Every single loving MMO made this decade has been a reskin of previous games with update graphics but worse everything else. Of course I'm here to poo poo on this, because they've been making GBS threads down our throats for years.

All of those games you listed are still alive to this very day. Some of them are even still good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I gotta say, "Ashes of Creation" is a pretty good name for a Alexander delarge kickstarter mmo megathread.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

2.1 million dollars what the gently caress

12,053 people on this planet are stupider than all the goons who installed archeage

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ashes of Creation is a shitbird kickstarter created by nothing but artists that somehow manages to have a pitch full of ugly garbage art.

Star Citizen has spent 5 years creating half a cafeteria scene and burned more money to do it than every poster in this forum will ever see in their lives.

I will admit that one is clearly stupider than the other. But Star Citizen and its Mark Hamill/Gary Oldman/Mystery Tickle Man cameos is a much more entertaining trainwreck.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

MMMORPGGA is either the worst acronym ever or the sound I make when I am choking to death

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

It doesn't matter how many devs they hire. Their company was nothing but artists and they produced a horrific-looking kickstarter pitch - they could turn their company into nothing but game devs and the result would be equally horrific

Asses of Creation

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I can't not condone calling Alex De Large an idiot but registering for this site and necroing all his old threads (which it's doubtful he'll even read, he hasn't posted on this site in three fuckin years lmao) just makes you look like a bigger idiot

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

randombattle posted:

It did make me think about this again and it's funny that it still hasn't come out.

Doubly so that Everquest Next never came out either.

EQ Next was full-blown cancelled (and I'm glad of it) but AoC has steadily grown a rabid fanbase of sandbox-mmo weenies desperate for a game that isn't poo poo

this game won't be good but they hold out hope

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

goonswarm is full of pubbies, i'm sure he'll fit right in

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Biowarfare posted:

actual question, is AoC happening or another KS scam?

it's gone from being an utter joke run by a MLM con-man to still the exact same thing except there are plenty of people excited about the updates they put out for it. major guilds in other similar mmos are currently named "Ashes of Creation Waiting Room" and the hype train has become much stronger than it has any right to be.

they will be brutally disappointed again and they will deserve every bit of it, but they can't stop getting hyped up for dumb poo poo

Phlegmish posted:

The benevolent mods have come through

Turn off [...] you are monitor :twisted:

e: no wait, turn it on. poo poo. Alright never mind

phlegmish, you're alright

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

try to imagine someone instead spending $500 on other MMO HMO garbage cans like Eve Online or Legend of Ultima or Everquest 2 or Shroud of the Avatar or Star Trek Online or Atlas or Pantheon or Hellgate London

we would mock those people just like we would mock these people. is AoC going to be better than all of those games? is AoC going to be better than *any* of those games? is AoC going to be finished?

who da gently caress knows

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

I spend about $1000 a year on Path of Exile cosmetics alone :shrug:.

lol

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

Not sure if that is more telling about the state of the game or the state of this forum.

You're posting in a thread made by someone who hasn't posted on SA in almost three years. The state of this forum is pretty obvious lol

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 11, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

If you really wanna go down that road, I said I spend about $1000 a year on Path of Exile - I donated $10,000 to Games For Love last month. How about you? Am I not allowed to spend any of my own money on myself for things that make me happy?

you're allowed to spend money on whatever the gently caress you want but i'm allowed to say lol

I hope anyone who dumps $500 on this stupid mmo gamble also spends their money on real things that exist as well

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

dang thats rough

I'll lol at a lot of things but not that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

cmdrk posted:

everquest's netcode was so good for its day (modem-era) that it is completely playable on an airplane wifi today.

everquest's netcode was so loose and forgiving that I used to raid as a cleric with ping measured in *thousands*

I would have to cast my thing sometimes several seconds early just on the guess that the lag would resolve such that I cast it at the right time

54-man raids on 33.6k in 2005 because I was living in a rural area for college was not good