Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Surely THIS time they will get their MMO out the door! :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Zaodai posted:

If you turned down your video settings far enough, the walls went from being smooth, solid surfaces to jagged looking stacks of tiny, tiny polygons. Despite this being a rendering change, the hitbox of the walls would actually change to match the render so you could repeatedly jump up the series of very small ledges to scale a wall that a person playing on higher settings would not be able to climb.
Reminds me of early WoW, before they added sliding to slopes - you could walk across them with the right angle and jump up higher in places.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe for most people... I started out with WoW beta, stuck around until mid-BC and came back for 1-70 Cataclysm

But also got really into Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2 for a while - I liked their settings.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

does this game get you fired up??

:dadjoke:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Man if you wanted drama that badly you should try the ones that do exist

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dunno who this is but I love it

:yeah:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dark Off posted:

More art has been released.
i farted

Phi230 posted:

Asses of Creation

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 20, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Everquest Next devs? How reassuring

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Lube banjo posted:

"Making MMOs Great Again"
:stonk:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Met a dude from PAX that had been talking with the Ashes devs there, he sounded really taken in by the whole thing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

go deLarge or stay at home

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well at Landmark had voxels

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Why are people taking this thing seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

FF14 has serious flaws. Like their hosed up levels - so the story is the main draw, but you have to put that on hold if you want to try a new class.

Nothing stops them from introducing new classes at the same level as their expansion so you can continue the MSQ, its all totally arbitrary

or hell even pulling something like Guild Wars where you hit level cap early on and 75% of the game is endgame and they balance everything around that