Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So is Lazy Peon being paid to shill, or just not very vigorous in his research, or what? Because he called the founder an "entrepreneur" when he was in fact engaged in MLM. I feel like the founder being a literal scam artist should make it into your videos speculating on the possible successful realization of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's frustrating because I specifically went to his channel just to see what might be on the horizon in the long term, I'd never really heard of AoC beyond maybe catching the name in passing, and left his latest videos pretty excited (for something I knew was uncertain and years away).

Then I come here, see other people remarking that the alpha videos don't look bad actually, but THEN see the last few pages that paint a much worse picture. So maybe he wants to believe, or he's being paid, or he's just a lot better at PLAYING a game than doing journalistic research on them. Whatever the reason, it's disappointing. The encapsulation of the MMO experience??

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the context. I'm still troubled by the reports of poor leadership and losing talent but that doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong about this.