Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yall are loving morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Midig posted:

I like how most people are just here to poo poo on it.

Because we went from Ultima, Everquest, Eve, Lineage, FFXI, DAoC, World of Warcraft type games to lovely kickstarter MMOs who are staffed completely by artists and PR and lacking any actual programming talent. Every single loving MMO made this decade has been a reskin of previous games with update graphics but worse everything else. Of course I'm here to poo poo on this, because they've been making GBS threads down our throats for years.

There is no one with any loving talent left in this industry and I really don't expect that to change. The entire MMO industry has devolved into a cesspool to the point where the only people looking to get into it are people that barely graduated with a CS degree but sure do LOVE MMOS and they have a lot of vague ideas about what they want in a game but lack the intellectual know how to code it themselves.

In short, PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the car on fire is an accurate representation of every single MMO made this decade including FFXIV because man it took them three years to unfuck that game after its initial release.

Every single one reminds me of the goon project to create an island

PookBear fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 10, 2017