Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
has any kickstarter open world MMO actually released at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

This game is going to be subbed based? Lol if you pledge money to this

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

It's a good sign when you casually drop in one sentence how the AI in your game is so smart it will learn from its mistakes so every encounter will be different every time as unremarkable a bullet point as whether it's tab or free target based combat.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

what was the name of that "dark adult lovecraft inspired" fantasy MMO? I remember they were selling houses. Does that exist still?
How about Chronicles as Elysium or whatever? Does that game exist in any way>??
this one though, it's gonna be epic.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

A procedurally generated MMO with perma-death and dark souls style combat with open PVP with Dwarf Fortress emergent gameplay with VR support. Turn based combat system job class system free exploration level up free choices perks mobile indie zombie action adventure deep plot dynamic romance retro graphics pixel Warren Spector John Romero and all your favorite old pc developers show up for a huge party permadeath risk vs reward mmo moba sidescroller anime inspired featuring dante from the devil may cry series

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

but is there going to be procedural generation? im out if not

yeah it was the first thing I said, maybe you need to go back to school ?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

2DCAT posted:

This post is procedurally generated.

:eyepop: Do you have a kickstarter or patreon?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

just so you guys know Im making a video game where the world is real and all the NPCs have real brains and think and will do quests and fight other npcs before you, also the world will have real simulated politics because I used procedural algorithims and, uh, mother fuckin science bitch. give me one million dollars

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

if you are considering pledging 5000 to 10000 dollars to this game you should considering giving me the money instead as i promise i'll make this video game where the computer monsters are so intelligent they speak to you in real time and also they'll become so smart you'll befriend them and forget youre real friends. also, there will be swords.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

ya'll ready to play the ashes of creation BATTLE ROYALE?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Biowarfare posted:

I'm still waiting for a sandbox MMO

You're in luck, there's over 500 kickstarters for sandbox mmos that will download your brain to your formative years and make you happy again. i can show you the best one but i'll need five bear skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

kaempfer0080 posted:

So why did they make this fortnite?

Judging from the videos of gameplay they put out, their lovely, lifeless "Darkfall but somehow worse" combat engine would be easy to make into a BR which like soy said was the dragon many devs have chased. kind of funny that they missed that boat by like a year lol