Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I can't be bothered to check if I've already said this yet but those mounts are just so unbelievably ugly and tacky looking. They don't look like a part of the world at all and just stick out from every backdrop or landscape I've seen them in so far. It looks like they took inspiration from my grandmother's parlor room with hideous multicolored glass "conversation pieces" where everything was covered in plastic and nobody was ever allowed inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I'm just looking here at the last stream they did (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwaYLOuw2s&t=4020s) and how unbelievably gaudy and tasteless some of them look. They look like happy meal toys. You're right about mismatched theme though. The entire game looks like they have four different art directors that have never even exchanged a word with one another.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I'm still pretty skeeved about all of these "only 10 players in the game will have this!" features I keep learning about. This sounds like some bored millionaire ant colony game where he just wants a fantasy world in which to lord over everyone else with his hideous personally exclusive bear-butterfly mount.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Dark Off posted:

he is the rich guy behind that lowtax Xango mango-steen energy drink mlm scam, thats how he got rich.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/68tk1l/why_the_ashes_of_creation_referral_program_is_not/dh1912j/
Did I mention this game was skeevy as all hell? Also listening to interviews with devs talking about him it sounds like some cult following.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

For a second I honestly believed that was a screenshot.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This does look cool, but how is it that this game is nearing 5 years in development and its still no where close to finished and just looks like a higher texture resolution version of Guild Wars 2? It still looks and feels like it does not have an identity of its own.

Yeah whoever is doing the worldbuilding here is not very inspired. This looks like a dollar store fantasy setting at best.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I liked Landmark. Something about it was very soothing. Reminded me of the old Tribes 2 construction mod, just hanging out with people building things for no reason other than to build.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

run by a MLM con-man
He really is a sleeze bag. It's disappointing that that's what it takes to actually launch one of these KS MMOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Why do the player models always look like they were added in post? Nothing looks like it fits together visually in this game.