Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
According to the staff list on the KS, their studio has 5 artist/animators, 4 designers, 0 engineers.

Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Muxik posted:

As I read the post I found the game a bit too much to be believable but then I read the part about there only being 64 completely distinct, viable, flavorful player classes and realized this is an entirely feasible project and the devs are actually being really humble in expressing what they can pull off.

Can't wait for the stretch goals where they add 8 more classes.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I vaguely remember some other MMO studio that was run by someone with no game development experience who insisted on making every important decision on his own. What what that name again? Hmm.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Zaodai posted:

More power to them in that regard. If that one in ten trillion chance that they make a good game is pulled off, I'll happily give them money to come play in their golden age playground. I never feel bad about spending money on a fun game.

This, and I don't understand why this is looked down on these days by the elite MMO crowdfunders. No, I don't think this game will be successful, but I hold nothing against them, and if it comes out and is good, I will give them a fuckload of money.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Tabletops posted:

Wait is the mlm controversy really over him buying into an mlm when he was a kid?

The initial 'drama' was all rumors that he RAN an MLM, and that seems to have never gotten let go of. Here's his direct response he made about how it was just a job he signed up for when he was 18: https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/68tk1l/comment/dh1912j/

I think the 'bigger' concern about Steven has been that he's basically just 'some guy' who likes MMOs and now runs this massive company with nearly zero experience making video games. That's not to say it can't be done (and I'd argue new blood in the industry is certainly very valuable), it does make this one of the riskier investments and Kickstarters I've seen. I'll be first in line if this game launches, but until then, my wallet's staying shut.