Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

The finest moment in WoW was the TBC launch event when they were spawning kazak into capital cities intentionally

I disagree; I think the finest moment was the zombie plague. The absolute tears from people were indescribable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, EQ Next looked closer to an actual working product in their demos than this does, and was being made by a company that had actually made MMOs in the past and presumably actually had programmers on staff, and it still crashed and burned well before completion. Even if these people get a few million bucks in kickstarter and investor cash, I have no expectation that it'll be completed. If it DOES get completed in any form I'll be shocked, but I'd bet everything I own that it won't be completed with all of the pie in the sky features they're promising. I'd be skeptical of even an actual good and established developer managing to pull that off.